Secret Island

Advertise for wanted items. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
mickherod

Secret Island

Post by mickherod »

Looking for a copy of secret island with a dust jacket. Second Enid book i ever read Spiggy Holes was the first. They are still my favorite books. I am not certain if it ever came with a dust jacket i have early editions of all five books in the series but no jackets.
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

hi there,

If you want to see what the dustwrappers looked like just check them out on the Book Listings http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/auth ... cat=secret

The Secret Island is quite a scarce dw in any printing and usually fetches a fair price when the books come up on ebay.

Best wishes
Tony
charlie101

Re: secret island

Post by charlie101 »

Hi,

I have been looking for a certain copy of the secret island. I used to have it when i was yonger and now cant seem to find it anywhere.

I dont suppose you would know where to get the 1986 Armada version in paperback, i love the cover of this one, and desparately want another copy of this version.

Can you help?

Thanks
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Re: secret island

Post by Fiona1986 »

Charlie, your best bet is probably eBay. I've just looked and there is an armada paperback listed, date 1965. They haven't included a picture though - but I'm sure you could ask for one to see if it is the one you mean. Here is the link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SECRET-ISLAND-ARM ... 240%3A1318.

If not, keep checking back as new books as listed constantly.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
shadow
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery / Mary Pollock / Adventure Series
Favourite character: Kiki / Loony

Secret Island with Dustwrapper

Post by shadow »

I've found this on ebay (sorry about the long link but can't find Moonrakers explanation of how to do it properly!) Only half solves the problem but dustwrappers do exist!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Secret-Island-Eni ... 2eaf062b1f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If I could live here on this secret island always and always and always, and never grow up at all, I would be quite happy
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: Secret Island

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Don't worry about long links - Keith has set things up so they automatically condense.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Re: Secret Island with Dustwrapper

shadow wrote:I've found this on ebay (sorry about the long link but can't find Moonrakers explanation of how to do it properly!) Only half solves the problem but dustwrappers do exist!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Secret-Island-Eni ... 2eaf062b1f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think a glance at the Cave would have answered the question as to whether dustwrappers exist! :lol:

I am not sure that this one will tempt too many at £850!! :roll:
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

It's safe for me to put a bid in then!!! :lol: :P

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Way out of my price league I'm afraid. Especially for only half a dustwrapper. What do you think Tony; given the scarcity of the book with dustwrapper is it actually worth the money?
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Tony Summerfield wrote:
Lucky Star wrote:Way out of my price league I'm afraid. Especially for only half a dustwrapper. What do you think Tony; given the scarcity of the book with dustwrapper is it actually worth the money?
No!! :lol:
Direct and to the point. :lol: Thanks Tony. :D
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

I don't think that it would get a bid even at £100 - you can't really call that a dustwrapper!
noddy13

Post by noddy13 »

Haven't been on the forum for quite a while... but thought Id share with you on this post that there is a Secret Island with half a jacket on sale on ebay.

Here's the link

It has a buy it for 850 ... and thats not in pence

Enjoy looking !!!
noddy13

Post by noddy13 »

Ah..I see its already old hat ... typical of me.

However, whatever its worth... there's not much doubt there will be someone who will pick it up.
We live in a society of fear.... will there be another one up for sale? At what price? And in this lifetime?