enid blyton society badge

Advertise for wanted items. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
Sue Webster

enid blyton society badge

Post by Sue Webster »

hi ,i`m a new member of the society and would like to know if anyone has a badge i can have or buy---i heard there were some at the enid blyton day . if anyone has a spare badge i would be very grateful. thanks very much from sue webster ,38 avion close highgate road walsall west midlands ws1 3jf.
any welsh members out there---i`m of welsh ancestry and proud of it . love to contact some welsh members! :P
ENID BLYTON BOOKS ARE THE BEST EVER!
Viking Star
Favourite book/series: Mystery, Adventure and Secret series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Mrs Hilton and Philip

Post by Viking Star »

Hi Sue

Welcome to the forums. :D

I've never heard of an Enid Blyton Society badge (although I've only been a member about 4 months!).

Unfortunately I had to miss the EB day. so don't know if there were any on sale. I know there were badges made so that people could recognise each other (ie becuase they had previously only communicated via the forum), but that's about it. :roll:

Anyhow I'm sure someone will soon give you a more authoritative answer!
Moonraker

Re: enid blyton society badge

Post by Moonraker »

sue webster wrote: and would like to know if anyone has a badge i can have or buy---i heard there were some at the enid blyton day
Hello and welcome!

The badges on sale at this year's Day, were original Famous Five Club badges and some other Blyton related badges that were issued in the 40s, 50s and 60s. Check out eBay, there are usually badges on offer there.
Society Member
Sue Webster

badges

Post by Sue Webster »

hi moonraker---are you a james bond fan? i am and dr who. i saw the tardis and a dalek on wednesday at the national eisteddfod in swansea. i actualyy patted the tardis---sad or what!

i have my original famous five badge and membership card which i treasure. what is the enid blyton day like and what happens there? maybe i will be able to get to the next one. do you know when and where it will be? thanks sue. :)
ENID BLYTON BOOKS ARE THE BEST EVER!
Moonraker

Re: badges

Post by Moonraker »

sue webster wrote:hi moonraker---are you a james bond fan?

Hi Sue, yes I do like the films, especially the earlier ones. However, my username is unconnected to our great fictional hero.

http://www.swindonweb.com/life/lifemoon0.htm will give you info on my tag!

You can catch up on the EB Day by following a link from the homepage menu, or click here
Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Society Badges

Post by Tony Summerfield »

There have been three Society badges:-

We started with the white one back in 1995 when we first opened for business. When these sold out we had some red ones done. Both are now sold out and I have seen them on ebay fetching quite high prices! The large one below is a pin badge, similar in style and size to the last of the Famous Five badges. I was sent a few of these shortly before this year's Society Day and I sold them for a nominal sum at the Day. If this is something that you would like to see available in the shop I am sure that our Portuguese member who sent them to me could probably provide some more.

Best wishes
Tony
enidblytoncollector

Post by enidblytoncollector »

would love the chance to buy these in the shop to add to my two FF ones :-)
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

The round ones don't do too well in a washing machine. :cry:

Viv
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017
Timmy-the-dog
Favourite book/series: Castle of Adventure
Favourite character: Me!!

Badges

Post by Timmy-the-dog »

Hi Tony - yes please get some more badges. Could you send them out with the journals - I'm always overseas for the Blyton day :cry:
cheers
Timmy
woof,woof!!
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Viv of Ginger Pop wrote:The round ones don't do too well in a washing machine. :cry:

Viv
You silly girl, you are supposed to take them off before you put clothes into a washing machine - I don't imagine they would do too well in the tumble dryer either :roll: :roll: :roll:
Viv of Ginger Pop

Tony Summerfield wrote: You silly girl, you are supposed to take them off before you put clothes into a washing machine
Now who's being silly - I ALWAYS take my clothes off before I put them in the washing machine! :lol:

I usually put me in a bath :P

Viv
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Viv of Ginger Pop wrote:I usually put me in a bath :P Viv

The Bathroom of Adventure?
Society Member
Viv of Ginger Pop

The Bathroom of Adventure?[/quote]

There was one at Hogwarts!

Viv
Aunt Fanny
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George

badges

Post by Aunt Fanny »

please Tony may I go on the waiting list for the round one ---promise not to put it in washing machine!!! (Well will try not to....) Liz
Tinker

Re: badges

Post by Tinker »

aunt fanny wrote:please Tony may I go on the waiting list for the round one ---promise not to put it in washing machine!!! (Well will try not to....) Liz
Always check where you put the badge first then you jam roll.