Adventures of the Wishing Chair

Advertise for wanted items. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
whaywhay

Adventures of the Wishing Chair

Post by whaywhay »

Hiya everyone!

It's my boyfriends 21st comin up and he was telling me how much he loved both of these books as a kid.

I would LOVE to get some original copies for him.

If anyone has any information, please let me know :)

xx
Raci

Post by Raci »

Hi!
We had quite a long discussion about chapters in the Wishing Chair books in a post called omnibus bargains in the books section of the forum.
Only the first edition of Adventures of the Wishing Chair had all the chapters in it by the second edition some had already been removed. So if you want a complete copy it would be pretty expensive.
eBay is probably a pretty good place to keep a look out for copies of both Adventures of the Wishing Chair and The Wishing Chair Again aswell as Enid Blyton's Omnibus.

Goodluck in your search :D
Mollybob
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure, Five On a Treasure Island
Favourite character: Philip, George

The Wishing Chair Again

Post by Mollybob »

I listed a copy of the Wishing Chair Again on ebay last night along with various other books from my collection which I have since upgraded. It's not a first edition, but it's a very nice copy with a good DJ from 1967.
If you are interested in having a look at it, here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1
If the link doesn't work (I'm not very good with these things), the item No. is 7035747463 and my ebay username is Mollybob_27
Hope that's of some help :)
Tony Summerfield

Wishing Chair Link

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Yes, you got the link fine Mollybob and it looks like a nice copy of The Wishing Chair Again. I don't often look at the Blyton items on ebay, but as we have been talking about ebay on another thread, I checked another item that you are selling at the same time.

Chimney Corner Stories, Dean 1963 - 'This is a true first edition.' Well!!! I hate to tell you, but it was first published in 1946 by the National Magazine Company. It was republished by Good Housekeeping Equerry in 1947, and again by Latimer House in two volumes in 1953 and 1955. The Dean version which was indeed published in 1963 should have just six titles on the back cover if it is a true Dean first edition.

I am just illustrating how difficult it is to list Blyton books and you are only doing what everybody else does, but sadly a great mant Blyton books which get listed as first editions aren't. Dean didn't help matters as they seldom altered the dates in books, so many people list the laminated covered versions as first editions. Amelia Jane Again is the worst culprit as Dean foolishly left the 1948 date in it and I have seen huge amounts asked for copies of this in a laminated cover.

I appreciate that ebay listing can be just as difficult for the seller as the buyer!

Best wishes
Tony
Mollybob
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure, Five On a Treasure Island
Favourite character: Philip, George

Post by Mollybob »

Thanks for letting me know Tony. My mistake I'm afraid, although it was not done deliberately. I will change the listing now to reflect this.
I thought it must be a first edition, even though it was Dean as it simply says copyright 1963 Dean, without stating any earlier publishers or editions. Also it seems to be an early copy as it has a dust jacket rather than a laminated cover. I'm afraid my knowledge of certain Enid Blyton books isn't as good as it might be. I really only collect the books for older children (i.e. famous five etc.) and just picked up this book in a job lot that included some books I wanted for myself.
This copy also has a long list of titles listed on the back so I presume it isn't even a Dean first edition. Anyway, as I said, I will change my listing now as I would not like to mislead anyone.
Rainbow_Mall

Post by Rainbow_Mall »

Currently have the wishing chair collection listed on eBay. If you receive this message and have the time why not have a look
http://www.rainbow-mall-international.com
Have a great day Andrea :D
Have a look at the current Books available at
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Rainbow-Mall-International
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

How many more plugs to your eBay store are you going to give? :wink:
Society Member
Lenoir
Favourite book/series: FFO/FF. Five run away together, Most FFO books.
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Lenoir »

moonraker wrote:How many more plugs to your eBay store are you going to give? :wink:
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

:lol:

I think it's time Nigel started to watch out. :mrgreen:

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

lenoir wrote:
moonraker wrote:How many more plugs to your eBay store are you going to give? :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Society Member
Rainbow_Mall

Post by Rainbow_Mall »

Always worth a plug if you have something of interest. :wink:
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Deffo! :lol:

By the way, getting back on topic, how did the Wishing Chair event go, Viv? I would have loved to have come down to CC and taken part, but prior commitments prevailed. I'm sure we would all love to hear of the day's activities and highlights.

I can't wait until I retire, and then can devote the rest of my life to what really matters.

[3 years to go, and counting....]
Society Member