Wanted - FF Adventure Games

Advertise for wanted items. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
melnve

Wanted - FF Adventure Games

Post by melnve »

Hi!

I just registered, and am happy to be among other Blyton fans! I am trying to work on my collection, and I have one complete FF Adventure Game (The Wrecker's Tower Game). I am struggling to find any more - most of those listed on eBay and second hand sites are just the books, and it's no good without the picnic cards and other bits and pieces! Anyone know a source for these kits? I am in Australia, but more than willing to pay reasonable postage.

Thank you!
Mel
Wayne Pyer
Favourite book/series: adventure/find outers
Favourite character: Bill Smugs/Kiki/Fatty

Re: Wanted - FF Adventure Games

Post by Wayne Pyer »

Hello and welcome Mel. :D
Wayne, living in an Enid Blyton world.
melnve

Post by melnve »

Thanks Wayne! I live in an Enid Blyton world in my head...

Mel
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Welcome to the forums, Mel. :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Tilda
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Malory Towers, Adventure

Post by Tilda »

Firstly, hello Mel, welcome! I'm quite new too.

I've been looking at these Adventure Games, but I'd like to know what they're really like to play. How difficult are they? How long until they get boring? Do they have a good plot? What age are they aimed at?
melnve

Post by melnve »

Hi Tilda,

I had one of them (Wrecker's Tower) when I was perhaps eight or nine, and loved it - played it over and over using different choices and cards. Basically it's a Choose Your Own Adventure, but with a die to randomise some of the choices and some cards that can help you solve the puzzles if you make the right choice about which one to start with and get lucky with finding other cards. The games require around the same level of reading ability as the actual books.

I played them again recently because I found the original one and decided to add them all to my collection (and I have now found the last one, yay!), and it was a nice trip down memory lane!

Mel