Problem with the EBS web site?

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Here's where to go!
Viking Star
Favourite book/series: Mystery, Adventure and Secret series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Mrs Hilton and Philip

Problem with the EBS web site?

Post by Viking Star »

I think there may be a few glitches with the web site.

Steve M62 has asked on the forums why a (uncontroversial) message of his has been deleted, while myself and another member have lost pms sent over the last few days from our in/sent boxes.

I've asked Keith Robinson if he could have a look into it[/i]
This is a Green Knight Book which means that it is a book by one of the most popular authors of all.
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Sorry about this, we have had a slight problem as we had reached our limit on the website and the server just removed some of the later items at random. The problem has been caused by the huge amount of space being used by the pictures on the Book Listing, but Keith has been working on it and we should be okay again now.

I hope nobody has lost anything vital!!

Best wishes
Tony
Keith Robinson
Site Administrator

Post by Keith Robinson »

Yes, all sorted now. Thanks for your heads-up, Viking Star -- I didn't know about the forum problems until you mentioned it. Nice of the server people to warn us in plenty of time that we were running out of space... (NOT!)

Meanwhile I was busy cleaning out some old files and optimizing others so we didn't need to pay extra for what is essentially a teeny-tiny bit over the quota. Did a batch conversion on all the book cover images and reduced their total combined disk space from 54MB to 31MB -- so that's a big help! Should keep the EBS site in the clear for a while longer!
Viking Star
Favourite book/series: Mystery, Adventure and Secret series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Mrs Hilton and Philip

Post by Viking Star »

Thanks Keith.
This is a Green Knight Book which means that it is a book by one of the most popular authors of all.