Forum Journal / Mag

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Here's where to go!
Poppy
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Adventure Series/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Andy, Jack Trent & Diana.

Re: Forum Journal / Mag

Post by Poppy »

:lol: Yes maybe!
It took me ages to read your article but it was well worth it!
"Beware of young men with long hair - that's what dad says, isn't it?"
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Pippa-Stef
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: Julian/ Bill Robinson/ Sally Hope

Post by Pippa-Stef »

Don't sell yourself short Katharine! You've got a 1000 words to work with! ;)

And if a person is really interested in the topic they will keep reading until the very end!
"You're so sharp you'll cut yourself one day!" Hunchy said going to the door
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

http://worldofblyton.wordpress.com/
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I certainly wasn't suggesting that the blog be deleted. It's a good place for things like book reviews, which won't get lost amid pages of posts, and fanfiction for which there isn't a place on the forums. I was merely agreeing with Julie that Darrell's detailed thoughts on Blyton dogs (Buster so far but I believe others are in the pipeline) would have been just as welcome on the forums - a lot more welcome than some of the one-liners we've been getting lately!
Pippa-Stef wrote:Now if people want to discuss the more regular posts we can set up topics for Poppy and Darrell's posts so the link is posted on that section of the forum and then it can be discussed.
That's a nice suggestion, thanks Stef, as long as you don't mind having responses in different places (i.e. some on the blog itself and others on the forums).

As I said in a previous post, I enjoyed Poppy's review of The Secret Island. I'm also looking forward to reading your views on the Famous Five TV series, Stef. I've been reading all the blog entries but probably won't contribute myself because I already spend a lot of time moderating the forums, writing for the Journal and doing other Society tasks (doing work on the website, proofreading booklets, helping answer queries the Society receives by email, typing up Journal articles, inputting quizzes, etc.)
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Anita Bensoussane wrote: I've been reading all the blog entries but probably won't contribute myself because I already spend a lot of time moderating the forums, writing for the Journal and doing other Society tasks (doing work on the website, proofreading booklets, helping answer queries the Society receives by email, typing up Journal articles, inputting quizzes, etc.)
Ok, so that's Monday and Tuesday taken care of, what's wrong with the rest of the week?? :wink:
Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Katharine wrote: Ok, so that's Monday and Tuesday taken care of, what's wrong with the rest of the week?? :wink:
Katharine, your sense of humour is a pleasure to read! :lol: :lol:

I too didn't suggest or say anything about the 'blog', just that it was a pity that Darrell and Poppy didn't put as much thought into some of their postings on here. We may have had less of Where is Icey then etc! :lol: and something more substanial we could contribute too. They both proved they are capable after reading their input on the blog.

Anything that keeps Blyton alive and interesting is a good thing. Also, Fiona, you say about the time it takes you etc. This I think we can all appreciate, as Anita and Tony will verify the time they put into the Society, Journals, forum etc. If you take on something you care about then it will take up your time.

Stef, if I can manage to get something together about the jigsaw etc, I will try. But please give me a bit of time, as I have other commitments I'm involved with at the moment.
8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

I would definitely say it has been time well spent and I have enjoyed doing it.

A bit on your jigsaw would be very welcome Julie, whenever you find time is fine by us.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Julie2owlsdene wrote:Darrell and Poppy didn't put as much thought into some of their postings on here.
:roll: WILL you STOP teasing us about our posts...! We put as much thought into our post as you do- so there!
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Darrell71
Favourite book/series: Adventure series
Favourite character: Darrell Rivers, Bill Smugs, Kiki, Elizabeth Allen,

Post by Darrell71 »

Well, Poppy, most of the times we do, but sometimes I do think us youngsters are a little reckless and thoughtless. I admit it. And I'm trying to change it. Where Is Icey? was making me do :oops: Sorry. I can see you have a temper Poppy! But no need to get so hot and bothered! Now we're improving.... so yes, Please STOP teasing us about this guys!

I'm glad my post has gone up, YEAH!! :D :D :D

I loved writing it, and I'm gonna continue doing this now!!
You can call me Sunskriti!
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Poppy Hutchinson wrote: We put as much thought into our post as you do- so there!
Would you speak to your grandmother like that Poppy? Saying So there!!!! I don't think you would. So kindly don't speak to this grandmother like that, please!!

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Why has Maggie Smith appeared in my head? :shock:
Society Member
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

I must say that I agree with you, Julie. There is no need for Poppy to be rude to you because she disagrees with your perfectly valid point of view.

As far as the blog is concerned, I'm inclined to agree with Anita when she says it's a good place for things like book reviews, which won't get lost amid pages of posts, and fanfiction for which there isn't a place on the forums. However, I wouldn't want to read articles on the blog that are merely regurgitated from information already freely available on this excellent Enid Blyton Society website.

Finally, if the blog is instrumental in helping to keep Enid Blyton's name alive and if it encourages more people to take out subscriptions to the Journal, then it must be a good thing and I wish Fiona and Stef good luck in their enterprise.

I'm going to get off my soapbox now and get back to wallowing in self-pity with the heavy cold that has rendered me inactive for most of the day. I feel a hot chocolate coming on. :wink:
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

Eddie Muir wrote: I'm going to get off my soapbox now and get back to wallowing in self-pity with the heavy cold that has rendered me inactive for most of the day. I feel a hot chocolate coming on. :wink:
If all I felt was hot chocolate coming on when I had a cold I'd be quite happy!
Sorry Eddie - Hope you soon feel better.
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

I hope there will be something for everyone on the blog - not just reviews and fanfic - but at the same time there's no point in duplicating articles that already exist.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Daisy wrote:Sorry Eddie - Hope you soon feel better.
Thanks, Daisy. :D I always get a lift from reading the EB forum posts.
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Julie2owlsdene wrote:Would you speak to your grandmother like that Poppy? Saying So there!!!! I don't think you would. So kindly don't speak to this grandmother like that, please!!
Sorry Julie. :oops: Like Sunskriti said, I have got a temper and I suppose I just got wound up because I don't care about my post count any more but people seem to think I do and tease me about it... Very sorry and if you don't mind I will edit that post but I will wait for you to agree to this.

Please accept my apolagies.
Poppy.
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member