School Anti-Bullying Progams

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Here's where to go!
sherrytin

School Anti-Bullying Progams

Post by sherrytin »

I know a lot of people here know about bullying, some have probably been bullied while there are those who are lucky enough to never experience it, but anyhow, do British schools have anti-bullying programs?

My sister has just remarried and four weeks from now they will be on their way to Ireland, where they'll be start their new family. Now, my concern is that my nephew is certainly transferring to a new school and I don't want him to be bullied like what his classmates' have to done to him in his previous school. It affected him a lot, good thing he never really thought of suicide, because we had him on therapy and so far been better.

So, I wanted to ask if British schools have these anti-bullying programs in them? And are there similar programs to this one?
http://www.teenwildernessprograms.org/t ... ities.html

It'll be best if my nephew get to join activities that keeps him active and takes his thoughts away from his awful experiences. I'll appreciate suggestions.
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Re: School Anti-Bullying Progams

Post by Lucky Star »

What part of Ireland is he going to be living in? Ireland, at least The Republic of Ireland, is not part of Britain and has its own laws and programs. Why was your nephew bullied before and how old is he? You would really need to discuss this with the school which he will be attending. I grew up in Ireland and there were no anti bullying programs then, though I left school some 26 years ago so things may have changed. Where are they moving from? Is it likely to be a huge cultural shock?
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member