Blyton Tweet

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Here's where to go!
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Re: Blyton Tweet

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Moonraker wrote:One simple Tweet reaches millions of people instantly. Well, a dozen or two!
I know this is true, Nigel, and technology is wonderful. I just get a bit confused by it all sometimes. :?

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Ming wrote: Incidentally, John, is brace48 you?
Yes you sharp eyed thing. :D It simply would not allow me to have Lucky Star as a username. Even adding strings of numbers only got the "name already in use" answer. So I gave up and used an old email pasword of mine. :roll: I'm not expecting to do a lot of tweeting though, I only signed up for the Society.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Lucky Star wrote:
Ming wrote: Incidentally, John, is brace48 you?
Yes you sharp eyed thing. :D It simply would not allow me to have Lucky Star as a username. Even adding strings of numbers only got the "name already in use" answer. So I gave up and used an old email pasword of mine. :roll: I'm not expecting to do a lot of tweeting though, I only signed up for the Society.
So aren't you following Ming and me, John? :shock:
Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

We now have over a hundred followers on Twitter! This has built up from scratch in just over a couple of months. We haven't posted much of late as Tony is locked into a room, deep inside The Cave, busily working his way through thousands of periodicals. However, it is a further tool in promoting the Society (and EnidBlyton.net!) which may bring new members our way!
Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Well done on 100 followers. I do follow, but don't post much, as I'm still confused with Twitter. :?
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Lucky Star

Post by Lucky Star »

Great news. I never tweet at all but its nice to see yet another of the society's activities prospering. :D
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
chloe1

Post by chloe1 »

Just caught up with this. Loved seeing the society on Twitter and I have been following you from the beginning and have even retweeted a few :)

Just to say I use twitter every day for my business so if anyone needs any help or advice with it then am more than happy to help.
Pippa-Stef
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: Julian/ Bill Robinson/ Sally Hope

Post by Pippa-Stef »

I think it's safe to say to those on Twitter, Anna, Nigel, Julie and Ming, who I believe have seen my "Twit feed" can say that I tweet far too much!

I love having the society on Twitter though! I try and retweet when something comes through!:P

It's not as complicated as people think (I promise) though it is simpler than facebook, it just takes some getting used to!

However, if anyone likes to give it a go, I would be happy to help out if help is needed! :)
"You're so sharp you'll cut yourself one day!" Hunchy said going to the door
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

http://worldofblyton.wordpress.com/
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I re-tweet too! We now have 177 followers, and we get new followers most days. Although we mainly tweet about Society news, we also mention updates on Keith's EnidBlyton.net.
Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Just an update! We now have over 200 followers, so the word is spreading! :D
Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Another update! We now have 308 followers - that's an extra 100 in a couple of months! For those not familiar with our Twitter site, (also shared with eb.net updates), click on the link below:

http://twitter.com/EnidBlytonSoc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Society Member
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Thanks for this info and update, Nigel. :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Lucky Star

Post by Lucky Star »

Excellent. The society goes on and on. :D

Society Member