The Frost Elves

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Here's where to go!
Milly

The Frost Elves

Post by Milly »

My mum (who is 78) has been trying to remember a poem she learnt as a child. It seems to go something like this: The moon poured down its silvery light, on roofs and gardens all in white, The air was keen and still, And while so cosily you slept, Some busy people climbed and crept, Upon your window cill. This band of pixies all intent, A window came to ornament, for your delight my dear . . . .(this is as far as we've got). She recalls it was called The Frost Elves. I wondered if it might be the one that is listed as being in Come to Storyland and Tiny Tots. It seems about right in terms of timescale. Can anyone advise please. Also if it is this one, does anyone know how I can get hold of the words. With thanks and hope - in anticipation!
Tony Summerfield

Re: The Frost Elves

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Hello Milly, I'm afraid this is not the poem that you are looking for, but I have put the Enid Blyton one into the artwork section of Come to Storyland for you to see.
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

This thread got me wondering if the poem Enid submitted to Arthur Mee was available to read anywhere??
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Milly

Post by Milly »

Many thanks for your reply. This is a real mystery now. My second line of enquiry - comes to a dead end. Perseverance is called for, along with all the other qualities of the Famous Five I think! Thanks again.