Long shot but hope you can help

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Here's where to go!
goz

Long shot but hope you can help

Post by goz »

Hello all i hope everyone is well this sunday evening. Now i know this is a long shot but im looking for an Enid Blyton book i read when at school, unfortunatly i do not remember the name of it. I do however remember the cover quite vividly, the book was a 2 in 1, i think a secret seven and a famous five in one book. On the cover it was night time and one of the children was holding a torch in what appeared to be a garden,there was also either a house or castle with a dark figure at the window. I read this in about 1993 and would dearly love to find this particular reprint. Any help finding what the name of the book is and where i could find a copy i would be very grateful.

Many thanks
Dick Kirrin
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Barney Mysteries
Favourite character: Julian, Dick

Re: Long shot but hope you can help

Post by Dick Kirrin »

The way you describe the cover, It could a scene from "Five get into trouble". I don't know if that helps you, but it would fit. Have you tried Tony's cave of books yet? There might be cover scan there. Or you might be lucky at Amazon's marketplace. It may not be the cheapest option to buy the book, but as a source of information it comes in handy sometimes.

Cheers

Dick Kirrin
"You just never knew what would happen. It made life exciting, of course - but it did spoil a cycling tour!"
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

The only 2in1 adventure stories book that I am aware of contains Mischief at St Rollo's and The Children of Kidillin. My paperback copy does have children with a torch on the cover, but doesn't appear in the Cave.
Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

There's also Boy Next Door/Treasure Hunters and Cliff Castle/Smuggler Ben 2 n1s as well as, I believe, some of the Secret Series and Mystery Series released in a 2in1 format, but I doubt there would ever be a SS/FF 2in1.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
DarkQueenDiana
Favourite book/series: The Castle of Adventure
Favourite character: Fatty, Claudine

Post by DarkQueenDiana »

I know the Boy next door/ Treasure Hunters 2in 1 paperback, but that doesn`t fit your description of the cover.
I remember a 2in 1 paperback that includes The Secret of Moon Castle with a house and a dark figure against a lit window on the cover. I´m not sure about the second story in it, could have been The Mystery that never was...
What do you see when you look in the mirror? Stop. Don`t turn away. Stay a while. Let`s look closer. No. You are not allowed to find the faults first, not in my game. We will find the beauty first. (Tori Amos)
Aurélien
Favourite book/series: Book: The Boy Next Door / Series: Famous Five
Favourite character: Noddy

Post by Aurélien »

Goz, just so you can cross that Cliff Castle + Smuggler Ben double book ('Enid Blyton's Mystery Stories') that Fiona mentioned off your list of possibles, here is a link to the (tatty) dustjacket of my copy.

Best of luck with your book hunt.

‘Aurélien Arkadiusz’ :D