Derailed topics?

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Here's where to go!
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Re: Derailed topics?

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Moonraker wrote: Yes, I can vouch for that. In fact, I took Julie's picture and just got a nice view of a blank wall! I think she may be distantly related to a Cornish Piskie. :twisted:
At least taking a picture of a blank wall, wouldn't damage your camera, Nigel. A photo of my face may have done :lol:

You're most welcome Philip :D

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
jen
Favourite book/series: Secret Island
Favourite character: Jack or Phillip from Adventure

Post by jen »

Just to demonstrate how it can be done............

Back on topic :lol: I don't mind things going off topic if the content of the original post has been addressed first - does that make sense? I also agree with Keith about the one word posts - the only place for them is the Games board where they are sometimes necessary.

For what its worth, that's my opinion.
A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
Busy Bee

Post by Busy Bee »

Sorry, I thought you said you enjoyed writing stories and was wondering if you'd had anything published for example in a school magazine or something like that?

I'm asking where you live because I was in India 2 years ago at a Commonwealth archery contest in Jamshedpur (sp?). We spent a couple of days in Calcutta first.I was there with my husband who was medical officer for the UK teams. India is a lovely place, but the traffic is so noisy!

Gillian
Philip Mannering
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure Series and Family Novels
Favourite character: Fatty and Jack Trent.

Post by Philip Mannering »

Busy Bee wrote:Sorry, I thought you said you enjoyed writing stories and was wondering if you'd had anything published for example in a school magazine or something like that?

Unfortunately no. We don't have a school magazine, although it's in the plans. :roll:

Busy Bee wrote:I'm asking where you live because I was in India 2 years ago at a Commonwealth archery contest in Jamshedpur (sp?). We spent a couple of days in Calcutta first.I was there with my husband who was medical officer for the UK teams. India is a lovely place, but the traffic is so noisy!

Gillian

You've hit the nail right on the head there. I personally believe India is the noisest country in the world; and having brought up in a large and polluted (traffic-polluted too!) I wish to go away by the countryside as it's so beautiful there (I've seen pictures from my mother, who visited some of the country places) but sadly, I haven't been yet able to, only going to a hill-station two times in my life, and travelling to Saudi Arabia (where it's so hot!) a few times. Other than that, I've no travelling experience.
"A holiday — a mystery — an adventure — and a happy ending for dear old Barney!" said Roger. "What more could anyone want?"
"An ice cream," said Snubby promptly. "Who's coming to buy one?" The Rubadub Mystery