Enid Blyton Day 2007

Did you attend the last event? Are you going to the next Day?
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Yes, we are certainly a bit ahead of where we were at this time last year and I know there are a few more definites who haven't yet bought tickets.

I think the most impressive thing is that you have taught me how to do the links properly, Keith!!
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

My father and me were just writing a letter to our school's principal. And am confirming the Visa stuffs tommorrow! :D
Tony Summerfield wrote:Always important to Forum members is which other Forumites will be attending; using their Forum names the list of those who have already bought tickets includes the following:- Anita Bensoussane, Steve Alpe, David Chambers, Norman Wright, Timmy-the-dog, moonraker, Jools, Viv of Ginger Pop, Noddy13, Patc, Alan Blaikley and Matt Roberts.
I think you had said I can have the ticket which Anita bought for Hannah, who is unable to attend. I'll have to pay you, Anita! Really looking forward to meeting you all!!! :D :D :D

Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Wow I never realised I was so far behind. One hundred already? Ok make it 101, I've just bought mine via paypal. See you all there. :D
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

I've yet to buy one - didn't want to until I can get the time off work authorised....

Tempting fate and all that.

Please put one aside for me Tony :)
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
Keith Robinson
Site Administrator

Post by Keith Robinson »

Tony Summerfield wrote:I think the most impressive thing is that you have taught me how to do the links properly, Keith!!
Yes, that didn't go unnoticed, Tony! :D
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

George@Kirrin wrote:I've yet to buy one - didn't want to until I can get the time off work authorised....

Blow work! Do you really want to get to your death-bed and think, "I'm so sorry I didn't make that Enid Blyton Day, but really glad that I went to work and arrested that drunk"?

All down to priorities, really. :roll:
Society Member
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

My apologies Nige!!!

Can only get time off if above minimum staffing levels...

Will endeavour to 'persuade' all other people to not take that day off.... or the next week when I'm off to see G4!
Monkey61

Post by Monkey61 »

Perhaps a silly question, but what time does the day usually start and finish at. I would love to go, but have to be in cardiff by 8pm on that day for a gig so would have to be on a train by 5. Don't want to miss it as it seems like fate that its on the same day that i am actually going to be in the country!!
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Last year it started at 10:30 and the final part of the programme began at 15:45 so you should be able to make it all
Katie

Post by Katie »

hummm not at all a possibility for me here in the wonderful world of OZ but excited for you all, I gather we get a blow by blow description of the day ????

Ming are you going for real ??? this interests and excites me for you !!!!!

smiles an envious Katie lol

notice the green for envy !
Lenoir
Favourite book/series: FFO/FF. Five run away together, Most FFO books.
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Lenoir »

Katie wrote:hummm not at all a possibility for me here in the wonderful world of OZ but excited for you all, I gather we get a blow by blow description of the day ????
Yes! Let's have it blow by blow.
Tony Summerfield

Not impossible, as one of our Australian members bought a ticket this morning!!
Katie

Post by Katie »

Tony Summerfield wrote:Not impossible, as one of our Australian members bought a ticket this morning!!
Not impossible no, but defentally not possible, would be almighty fun though, if it were indeed possible..............
Tony Summerfield

At last year's Enid Blyton I had two Birn Brothers facsimile booklets for sale, Wendy Wins Through and The Luck of the Laytons. I still have some of these left and they will be available at this year's Enid Blyton Day. Two new booklets will also be available, Sports and Games and A Non Stop Run.

The original books are all very scarce and normally sell for well over a £100, so these facsimiles are intended for those who would simply like the chance to read the books for a nominal price (I sold the two last year at £5 the pair). At present these booklets have not been made available through the Society Shop and have only been on sale at the Enid Blyton Day. There is still plenty of room for those who haven't yet bought tickets!
Constable Sharp

Post by Constable Sharp »

Tony Summerfield wrote:At last year's Enid Blyton I had two Birn Brothers facsimile booklets for sale, Wendy Wins Through and The Luck of the Laytons. I still have some of these left and they will be available at this year's Enid Blyton Day. Two new booklets will also be available, Sports and Games and A Non Stop Run.

The original books are all very scarce and normally sell for well over a £100, so these facsimiles are intended for those who would simply like the chance to read the books for a nominal price (I sold the two last year at £5 the pair). At present these booklets have not been made available through the Society Shop and have only been on sale at the Enid Blyton Day. There is still plenty of room for those who haven't yet bought tickets!
Good for all of you that are going to Loddon Hall I can not come because Demons Rocks is having a cricket match against on of the other towns in the area that day, I have to keeping watch that no streaker's come running on the field.
Last edited by Constable Sharp on 03 Mar 2007, 20:07, edited 2 times in total.