EB Day 2007 - The Aftermath...

Did you attend the last event? Are you going to the next Day?
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Moose wrote:BTW can I post some of these on the senior room at EF? (ie they won't be accessible by the general public) There are quite a few people on them who are EF regulars too .. Ming, Jools, Nigel, Anita etc. I'll wait till I get permission from all those featured first tho.

It might be better (to publicise the Society Website and generate even more Blyton interest) to post a thread with a URL link to this thread. Thereby, interested parties can get more of a feel of the Enid Blyton Day. I would certainly have no objection to that.

It would also go some way in redressing the balance of your constant plugs at the foot of your posts to various EF Parties, Moose! :wink:
Society Member
noddy13

Post by noddy13 »

I dont even know where to begin.... perhaps resting my tired old bones would be a start. Its been a hardish trip... and I arrived only this morning, but now that Im here.....well I wonder why...? I'm HERE and not THERE that is!

I cant tell you how much fun an old colonial boy had this past weekend. It was a packed two days but just seeing those familiar faces once more caused my adrenalin pumping machine to work overtime. Tony, David and Norman of course manning the welcome desks and almost all of the workload, are such almost forgotten heroes. So much of work goes into a show like this.

Elegance made its presence in the delicate form of Barbara Stoney... our "hellos" had a ring of familiarity... I AM after all a repeat "performer". Mathew I had the pleasure of meeting for the first time..and of course Herr Frank from Germany...

Adrian Wright... a stranger from nowhere, generous soul who gave me a postcard of the FF TV series. Thank you for that Sir, it was a pleasure to chat with you.. and boy did I make haste to get that card signed by Gary and Marcus.

... who kept us in splits with their routine, and as has been pointed out, they have grown up into extensions of their characters.....

....speaking of which, Val Biro sure was one. My penchant for collecting books drew me to him, and when I left his gentle presence, I carried with me one signed copy of Hans Andersens Tales, and one of Gumdrop at Sea. and here was the real treasure. He turned to a page and showed me drawings which were based on him, his wife and dog...and I was touched by the personal empathy he had with his books....

.....which were too expensive at the show, so I contented myself with early Sunny Stories and signed Biros, and a mushroom and Pepper quiche which filled me up sufficiently......

.........but not so much that I could not squeeze my rigid inflexible frame into a rigid inflexible Noddymobile, and smile inanely at the cruel lens, results which are there for all to see.....

......so many friends.....Viv and Rosie, your tireless energy shames me into attempting to pull laden trolleys that tilt their load into the mud....

causing jelly to flounder
and the chicken to float

Anita,
your lofty presence lends a shimmering wisdom that floats through gatherings such as these..

Jools... bubbly as ever...
Nigel...nothing changes... dont you EVER grow old... time to retire old friend

Viking and Lucky.... nope, never thought you were girls... and saw through your maturity.... you were just as childish as the rest of us..

Lawrence and Tini... such a delightful couple... and wish you could have stayed for a drink but thank you for dropping me..

Ming . I want be like you when I grow up... Im just in awe, and envious that you have so much to look forward to... why DID I start so late

Zoe...well the day was too short, I enjoy watching an off-duty doctor to be-policewoman that is-famous five fan that you will were and are... I think I will always find something to tease you with..but I dare not tease your car..

Keith . you reading all this my friend..? See what you missed.

Im sure Ive forgotten a few, so when Im jet unlagged, will post again..

Thanks Tony... you make the Day as always...
Jools
Favourite book/series: The Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Julian

Post by Jools »

Glad you got home safely Prabhu. And jolly well done with that trolley!
Half term at last!

Forums' First Angela.
Sue Webster

enid blyton day

Post by Sue Webster »

hi seems as if everyone had a great day . iwill try and come next year . were there any enid blyton society badges there and if so is there an address where i could get one from ? any other memorabilia on sale . ? sue :)
ENID BLYTON BOOKS ARE THE BEST EVER!
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Prabhu, you are an amazing character, and one that I am proud to call a friend. Great to see you again. will meet again next year?
Society Member
noddy13

Post by noddy13 »

Hi Nigel, No I would'nt bet against that... odds are good that I will be back next year, so lay a few bob on me will you?.

And yes Jools, I've learned one principle of physics last weekend... never attempt to pull a burdened trolley along wet earth, in pursuit of hungry people, chances are bright that the trolley will be on its side in muddied glory.
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Finally I managed to upload Tony's photo.

Trevor Bolton and Tony

Society Member
Jools

Post by Jools »

Hope this works (am a first timer!)
Half term at last!

Forums' First Angela.
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Wahey

Looking V e r y Sassy.....
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
Jools

Post by Jools »

You can see it? I can only see Marcus :oops:
Half term at last!

Forums' First Angela.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I can only see some of the photos in their entirety if I refresh the page.

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Jools

Post by Jools »

Yes, that worked. Thanks Anita!
Half term at last!

Forums' First Angela.
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Anita Bensoussane wrote:I can only see some of the photos in their entirety if I refresh the page.
Yes me too. I wonder why. Jools thats a great photo, you three look tres cool.

Ming thats also a good one of Tony.
Jools

Post by Jools »

Thanks LS, I've set it as my screensaver :oops:
Half term at last!

Forums' First Angela.
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Viv of Ginger Pop wrote: In retrospect I wonder if there ought to be a Forum table so that other members know that the society is more than a mag and an annual shin-dig? Viv
I am so relieved to read that the Society is just Forums, a mag and an annual shin-dig - it should make my job so much easier. :roll: :roll: