Society Day Update

Did you attend the last event? Are you going to the next Day?
Tony Summerfield

Society Day Update

Post by Tony Summerfield »

With just about a month to go before the Society Day I thought I would just give a brief update and hopefully encourage the undecided. No Party Political broadcast here, just to say that at present we have about 120 attending - a good figure but still room for more as we still have a way to go before we reach the 2002 number of 150!

If you think you live too far away we have someone coming from Scotland, and further still from Germany - but a journey from Portugal for a repeat visit surely takes the prize! Well no, actually, that has to go to a member coming from Australia and she is also coming for a second time, so what better advertisement could we have.

Don't be put off by the feeling that everyone is an old hand - 30% of those who have bought tickets are also first-timers. So don't miss out on a really good day - anyone who lives in the UK will want to get the General Election out of their system by then!

Hope to see some of you there.

Best wishes
Tony
oldBourney

a quick question Tony

Post by oldBourney »

should I have received anything telling me you have received my cheque ?

owing to my lack of trust in the Royal Mail (or whatever it's called nowadays) I never really believe 100% that things arrive.
They have their dreams and do not think of us ....
Tony Summerfield

EB Poem

Post by Tony Summerfield »

I should perhaps have added that for those who have already bought tickets (and yes, I did get your cheque Georgie), I will be sending the tickets/programmes out in about a week.

Best wishes
Tony
oldBourney

Phew

Post by oldBourney »

I'm really looking forward to this and don't want to miss it.
They have their dreams and do not think of us ....
Steve Alpe

Post by Steve Alpe »

My partner and I are 2 of the new members you mention. Who will be attending and we are both looking forward to a good day out.