Journal 75

What did you think of the latest Journal?
Lenoir
Favourite book/series: FFO/FF. Five run away together, Most FFO books.
Favourite character: Fatty

Re: Journal 75

Post by Lenoir »

A classic indeed. Thanks to all the contributors and Tony, and the special guest editor!

It was nice to get some background of being a speaker who gave talks about Enid Blyton.
It was also interesting to read about the filming locations and see the pictures.

Referring to the St Clare's article, I read the school books last year and I was struck by the number of problem girls they had at St Clare's in the fifth form. There was quite a lot of unpleasantness too. What a place! But at least Miss Theobald realised it in the end. I think Miss Grayling would have been aware of the problems earlier and would have acted sooner - perhaps instructing a headgirl or other responsible girl to intervene.
Interesting article, delving into the story.

I never knew it was actually called Fifth Formers of St. Clare's, because my dragon is called 'At' and I see that it is listed like that in my Armada version of Claudine at St. Clare's. If I look at my old hardback copy of First Term at Malory Towers, then I see it listed as "of St Clare's" in the list of "other books by the same author".

I enjoyed the ginger pop article. The town tour sounded fantastic!
Society Member