Journal 72

What did you think of the latest Journal?
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Re: Journal 72

Post by Lucky Star »

Glad to hear 72 has arrived safely Lenoir. It's a superb edition. As is 71 which I hope you will receive soon.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Lenoir
Favourite book/series: FFO/FF. Five run away together, Most FFO books.
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Lenoir »

Thanks, hopefully 71 will still come.

Anyway, it was great to be able to catch up and read journal 72.
Regarding the ‘Into the Valley’ article, I remember thinking what a great book “The Valley of Adventure” was when I first read it, and it was good to read an article about it by someone who thinks highly of it.

I also enjoyed the analysis of Five get into a Fix, and I remember most of the quotes used. It’s a book I remember well.

A very fitting tribute to Imogen from Norman Wright.

I was able to watch the Malory Towers series on a BBC channel a few months ago and thought it was good. I never watch any children’s TV so that was all new to me. Somewhat different to the books, but that was expected. Nice to see a review of it.

I have some paperbacks illustrated by Mary Gernat. It was interesting to read about her life.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I'm glad you enjoyed the Malory Towers TV series, Lenoir. It's great that an Enid Blyton book has been given such serious and quite lavish treatment, staying true to the spirit of the original.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member