General Journal Natter

What did you think of the latest Journal?
Katharine

Re: General Journal Natter

Post by Katharine »

Thanks Pete and John - I'm currently reading something else, but will be hunting out Journal 27 before too long. :)
Society Member
Judith Crabb
Favourite book/series: Boys' and Girls' Circus Book/Adventure Series

Post by Judith Crabb »

Yes Katharine I completely understand your wish to have a copy of the Secret Seven serial as it appeared in panel form in the Mickey Mouse Weekly. I have a few original issues. Which leads to another question. Is there any where a list of all the reprints and other publications of the Enid Blyton Society (i.e. not just what is available today)?
Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Judith, I think someone did make a list once, but I'm not sure where it is.

I've started making my own list from what I've picked up from the Journals I've read so far, but there may be other earlier ones I've not noticed/been aware of.
Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Katharine wrote: 22 Jan 2023, 13:40 I hope you enjoy your own trip down memory lane Nigel. :)
With you leading me along the way, it will be a delight, dear Katharine.
Society Member
Kate Mary
Favourite book/series: The Treasure Hunters/ Five Find Outers
Favourite character: Barney

Post by Kate Mary »

To get a complete list of the Society publications just search for Society Booklets in the Cave. I've got quite a few but missed out on the early ones. I do have the Secret Seven one that first appeared in Mickey Mouse Weekly, I wish Tony had done Well Done Secret Seven too which also was adapted as a comic strip.
"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Thanks for the link Tony - I had no idea there were so many publications!

I was going to say that I don't think I've got more than 10 at the very most, but actually on closer inspection, I think I've got most of the more recent ones, so have probably got about half of them.

:)
Society Member
Judith Crabb
Favourite book/series: Boys' and Girls' Circus Book/Adventure Series

Post by Judith Crabb »

Thanks, Tony.
As an avid reader of bibliographies I suspected that this would be a singularly interesting list and I was right. What an achievement and what an addition these publications must have made to Blyton collections, putting fantastically rare items on collectors' shelves. Still, I imagine that there would be very few complete collections of all 50 items, which makes archival collections so important.
Society Member