Journal 34

What did you think of the latest Journal?
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Re: Journal 34

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

I also book on Ebay for Blyton books, Lenoir, you can sometimes pick up a bargain and in reasonable condition too.
8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

About 60% of my current Blyton collection has come from ebay. If you shop carefully you really can pick up excellent bargains, particularly if you're not fussy about having dustjackets or first editions.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Lenoir
Favourite book/series: FFO/FF. Five run away together, Most FFO books.
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Lenoir »

Thanks for the info. I think I'll stick to second-hand dealers.
I don't mind what edition it is, but I prefer the original text, so it has to be of a certain age.
Still, if I have never read it, I won't know the difference I suppose.

Most of my books are from second-hand /charity-type shops. I never had many hardbacks when I was a child and so I don't have many books that were bought new. (e.g. 1 FF was new, 20 second-hand, all my SS are 2nd hand!)

ebay sounds good, as long as they can post it to SA - pity we don't have one here.
Does the 'e' stand for Enid?
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

Lenoir wrote:ebay sounds good, as long as they can post it to SA - pity we don't have one here. Does the 'e' stand for Enid?
Most Ebay sellers will post internationally, the only downside is of course the postage fees and transit times.