Journal 34

What did you think of the latest Journal?
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Journal 34

Post by Ming »

When is Journal 34 coming out, Tony? Just wondering - I'm itching to get something to read!

Society Member
Silky-Elf
Favourite book/series: Faraway Tree
Favourite character: Silky and Moonface
Location: Tunisia (but I have now moved to The Enchanted Wood!)

Re: Journal 34

Post by Silky-Elf »

does anyone know if i can write anything for the journal? do i have to be a member of the society?
with my l0ve,
dina blyton
Ming

Post by Ming »

Aren't you a member? I thought you had Journal 33.

By the way, I've just noticed that News part says the Journal will be out in November. Great, I meant to delete the topic, but Silky's replied!

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Sorry Ming, I was going to reply to you, but I got a bit distracted reading numerous pointless posts to make sure that there was nothing offensive in any of them! So, now you know the answer - just remember that patience is a virtue!

I think someone needs to visit the Faraway Tree Site and visit the Land of Pointless Posts and hopefully settle down happily there!
Silky-Elf

Post by Silky-Elf »

Tony Summerfield wrote:
I think someone needs to visit the Faraway Tree Site and visit the Land of Pointless Posts and hopefully settle down happily there!
:evil: :evil: :evil: :roll: :roll: :roll:

very funny tony!!!
with my hatred,
dina blyton
Ming

Post by Ming »

Why the hatred, Silky? I'm sure you'll enjoy there, it's got loads of friendly people who never suspect each other. Try taking a look. You can post as many messages as you want, no-one will stop you. :D

Best of all, no Moonraker and Ming and Tony and Keith to run around you. :D :lol:

Society Member
Silky-Elf

Post by Silky-Elf »

Ming wrote:Why the hatred, Silky? I'm sure you'll enjoy there, it's got loads of friendly people who never suspect each other. Try taking a look. You can post as many messages as you want, no-one will stop you. :D

Best of all, no Moonraker and Ming and Tony and Keith to run around you. :D :lol:
  • nO thank you, mING. i don't think i'd like to join that forum and plus the people seem to be completely anonymous and my parents have warned me not to talk to any anonymous people on the inter-net.

I dont care what other members think of me, but joining this forum, dedicated to my favorite author is enough for me.

with my l0ve,
    dina blyton
Ming

Post by Ming »

Yeah, I get what you mean, but do you mind using smaller text please? My eyes hurt to read all that large stuff.
Last edited by Ming on 18 Jul 2012, 17:13, edited 1 time in total.

Society Member
Julian
Favourite book/series: Six Bad Boys/Famous Five/St Clare's/Wishing Chair
Favourite character: Julian/Janet/Carlotta

Post by Julian »

Dina, I shudder at the thought of you writing anything for the journal! :lol:

Just kidding - and its great to see you back. :) I was wondering where you had been. :D

With l0ve,
Mohamed Blyton
:wink: :P :lol:
  • ♥♣ Møh@mð Hä§åÑ♥♣
Thanks to Nigel for my avatar! :)
johansrk

Post by johansrk »

Tony Summerfield wrote: I think someone needs to visit the Faraway Tree Site and visit the Land of Pointless Posts and hopefully settle down happily there!
thank you for that comment. I don't remember saying anything as nice about this site.

I used a great deal of time making this website, it has turned out very well, and I have MANY visitors every day. Not many in the forum, but that's another story. Therefore I really appreciate when someone has something nice to say about my website. :evil:

As one of your users said, isn't it shocking that they call us weirdo's!!,

well isn't it shocking when someone says, go and visit the land of pointless posts at the faraway tree
If you enjoy the Faraway tree stories, come and visit my tree
http://www.the-farawaytree.com
Tony Summerfield

Johan, I appreciate that you have taken a great deal of trouble with your website and it has some very good things on it, I particularly like your images of the books. However, I do think that some of the recent messages on your forums lower the tone of your site. We have also had a number of pointless posts on these forums and we do our best to discourage them, but we do also have a good number of serious and interesting posts about Enid Blyton and her work. I am not against fun posts at all, but surely there has to be something more.

You are absolutely entitled to run your website in any way you want and I don't think that Mohamed should have interfered in the way he did and I certainly would never try to poach members from another forum.
johansrk

Post by johansrk »

thank you. I understand you.

Yes I have used oceans of time making the cover section. Book covers I can't find on the net, I simply buy and scan.. which is also one of the reasons that I have over 30 faraway tree books..

I know anything about the books. I have read them so many times.

I'm sorry, that the situation has turned out the way it has. I'll take all the blame, whereas it is my website. I hope that we can be nice to each other from now on.

to anyone else reading this post, I hope that we can all be friends. Please don't make fun of my prices on the-farawaytree, I'm just trying to do something nice for others :(
If you enjoy the Faraway tree stories, come and visit my tree
http://www.the-farawaytree.com
Julian
Favourite book/series: Six Bad Boys/Famous Five/St Clare's/Wishing Chair
Favourite character: Julian/Janet/Carlotta

Post by Julian »

Tony Summerfield wrote:...and I don't think that Mohamed should have interfered in the way he did and I certainly would never try to poach members from another forum.
:oops: :oops: :oops:

Sorry Tony. I was just advising them thats all. It really wasn't my intention to be offensive or something. After all this is the MAIN EB website and forum.
  • ♥♣ Møh@mð Hä§åÑ♥♣
Thanks to Nigel for my avatar! :)
Tony Summerfield

Bringing this thread back to its original title, Journal 34 is now at the printers and should be available in two or three weeks. As any new subscribers will now receive this as their first Journal, I have already added it to the Journal catalogue (and shop) where you have a sneak preview of both cover and contents.

It is always sad to lose regulars, so if anyone has any contact with either Heather S or Prabhu, perhaps they would like to mention that they haven't resubscribed and at present won't be getting the next Journal - I know they won't be reading this as neither has visited the forums since July.
Ming

Post by Ming »

I've let Heather know. She said she'll renew her subscription next week. :)

Society Member