The characters in later life - professions etc.

The books! Over seven hundred of them and still counting...
Nair Snehalatha

Re: The characters in later life - professions etc.

Post by Nair Snehalatha »

As John Pickup says-- the Blyton characters are immortalised -- as John.Keats says in his ' Ode to a Grecian Urn'-- where the beauty of a particular.being is immortalised on canvas , in the verses of poetry or in a book
Irene Malory Towers
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series
Favourite character: Fatty from the Five Find Outers

Post by Irene Malory Towers »

I didn't spend too much time wondering about them,but I have to say I love some of the continuation books where Fatty and Bets marry and where Diana and marry Barney and Snubby marry Lucy-Ann. And those 2 families meet and BIll and Allie are still around but live at Craggy Tops. Love them. Of course Bets would marry Fatty. I would like to marry him too !! Even more so than marry Barney but Barney would come a close second ! And then perhaps Snubby and finally Timmy the dog, endless devotion and never answers me back !
You'll never wear your own brains out, Mr. Goon - you don't use them enough !
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

I like the idea of them returning to Craggy Tops. Maybe Jack earns a fortune as a bird photographer or becomes the next Attenborough and can afford to get fresh water piped in!
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member