character you most wanted to be...

The books! Over seven hundred of them and still counting...
christie

character you most wanted to be...

Post by christie »

Lotta from Mr. Galliano's circus.
the naughtiest girl
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Famous five's George... complete with Island and castle :)
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
gareth jones
Favourite book/series: ADVENTURE SERIES
Favourite character: JACK TRENT

character most want to be.

Post by gareth jones »

Bill Smugs (with hair) One of the best of Enid,s characters,honest,brave,trustworthy,loyal and fun to be with. Qualities we all strive to find within us.
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Philip Mannering, geat with animals, great friends and family, all the best adventures. Perfect :wink:
Raci

Post by Raci »

Peggy from the secret series or one of the children from the willow farm books.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

As a young child, I longed to be Bessie. Imagine being able to climb the Faraway Tree and getting wings for your birthday which enable you to fly! I also fancied swapping places with Lotta because circus life sounded so exciting. When I got older, I wanted to be Jack from the Adventure series! (Okay, so I know he's a boy, but he got to go off alone photographing birds and he took a more active part in the adventures than the girls did. I perfectly understood his longing to find a Great Auk. He came across to me as an independent individual, following his dreams.)

Anita
Julian
Favourite book/series: Six Bad Boys/Famous Five/St Clare's/Wishing Chair
Favourite character: Julian/Janet/Carlotta

Post by Julian »

I always wanted to be Julian from the Famous Five and he is in fact my favorite fictional character along with Noddy, Fatty, George Kirrin. Although, I am not as brave and plucky as Julian but he still the character that I want to be!

I also really like Anne from the Famous Five and I remember when I first had a crush on her when I read my fist F5 book: Five go Adventuring Again! :oops:
  • ♥♣ Møh@mð Hä§åÑ♥♣
Thanks to Nigel for my avatar! :)
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

George@Kirrin wrote:Famous five's George... complete with Island and castle :)
There's a surprise! :wink: What about Tim? :cry:
gareth jones wrote:Bill Smugs (with hair) One of the best of Enid,s characters,honest,brave,trustworthy,loyal and fun to be with. Qualities we all strive to find within us.
What's the problem with not having much hair? :cry:

I always thought of myself as Bill, billsmugs@hotmail.com , I even have all his qualities (including hair-line!) :mrgreen:
Society Member
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

moonraker wrote:
George@Kirrin wrote:Famous five's George... complete with Island and castle :)
There's a surprise! :wink: What about Tim? :cry:
Tim could come too :) although I'm more of a cat / horse person...
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
puffin62

Post by puffin62 »

Mine would be Bill C. too (with no white hairs [which I have a lot of] :) )
Last edited by puffin62 on 26 Jul 2006, 19:30, edited 2 times in total.
Mollybob
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure, Five On a Treasure Island
Favourite character: Philip, George

Post by Mollybob »

I wanted to be George too, and even had my hair cut short so I could look more like her - my childhood photos are consequently rather an embarassment to me now, as it was not a flattering haircut.
I liked her independence and I've always liked dogs (I now have two, named Molly and Bob, hence my username). It's funny that my boyfriend seems to think I'm more like Anne, despite the fact that I hate housework :D
Steve Alpe

Post by Steve Alpe »

Fatty - I always wanted a shed of my own - somewhere I could go and be myself or with my mates - and an endless supply of biscuits, cakes, lemonade, etc stored there and seemless no end to my pocket money to buy what I wanted, when I wanted.
the_6th_find_outer

Post by the_6th_find_outer »

I wanted to be George from the Famous Five too. Even now at 22 I curse the person (God?) who thought it would be a good idea to make me a girl. I had my hair chopped short (still do, infact) and I did get mistaken for a boy, although admittedly, looking at old pictures, I do look a very feminine boy. She just got a better deal, only having to do some of the housework, whereas the other girls in the books always did it all.

Other than that, I would have wanted to be Fatty. I had the waist for it, and I would have loved to have been able to work out the things he did, or dress up in his disguises.
the_6th_find_outer
Susie

Post by Susie »

I'm more like Lucy Anne, not quite sure at the mo, who i would want to be though.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

I always wanted to be Philip. While I'm not a natural leader like Julian, I saw Philip as more of an "equal" to Jack which I'm sure I would feel comfortable with. Furthermore, I also have rather scruffy hair! Mind you, I don't particularly like creepy crawlies so I guess I'm more like Dinah!

It's true that when I first read The Mountain of Adventure and Philip was about to go flying, I actually felt a sense of what could only be described as jealousy towards him. Why didn't I get to have adventures like this?