Which would you save?

The books! Over seven hundred of them and still counting...
enidblytoncollector

Post by enidblytoncollector »

oops that post was me, keep forgetting to log in :oops:
Raci

Post by Raci »

Topsy-Turvy wrote:Raci, aww I'd love to save my secret island but I'd like to get at my collection of FFOAD first! That was hard to come by. By the way does this book make anyone else ravenously hungry?
Hi TT! :D
It so does make me feel hungry! But definatly not for cakes at the moment :lol: I'm begining to feel like I've seen enough to last me a life time.
But mmmmmmmm all that fresh food in the fresh air - delicious!!!!
Kirrin wrote:wow raci! youve never read any not even the short storys by red fox? get reading them but beware youll be hooked!
:cry: I wish this was the case!
I have read all 21 full books, all the short stories and the play.
The point in my comment was that ebc is in a such a lucky position knowing that she still has all those wonderful books to read and I wish that I was also in that position!
*feeling a little jealous right now!* :lol:
enidblytoncollector wrote:Hi, yep you will have seen me on ebay with the same user name
I was wondering the same thing. I was simultaneously online both here and on eBay on Mon trying to decide whether to bid on a 3rd edition of 'Land of Far-beyond' but it went out of my price range. I did wonder when you were also in the forums if the bids were yours or a diff user with the same nic - I guess that answers my q! :lol:
lynne177

ebay

Post by lynne177 »

Anonymous wrote:Hi, yep you will have seen me on ebay with the same user name, in fact i think i may even have bid against you in the past :lol:
:roll: I have seen you both on ebay when you outbid me. lololol
enidblytoncollector

Post by enidblytoncollector »

Am limiting myself to pre 1949 famous five reprints at the moment, so you best snap up everything else lol :P

Post by Guest »

That is easy I would get my Five go on a hike. This is my all time favourite one and everyone should read it.
Kirrin

hi

Post by Kirrin »

that is a very good choice I have read it lots and never get tired of it!
Its the two trees location that I like best!
agatha11

Post by agatha11 »

Mine would be Five go to Smuggler's Top. I recall buying this book in a market in the early eighties when I was around eight. It was the first Enid Blyton book I had read and I was so caught up in the adventure. I knew Mr Barling had something to do with the mystery and I never did believe that Block was deaf, even when Timmy barked in the secret passage!!!!! I still have the book today with my collection and will never part with it!!!!
maddy

Post by maddy »

Only one book? I'd like to save all my Barney R books and Secret series.. but if it's just one.. I guess.. the Secret Island? (I can't find this book where I live anymore..)
okay.. that reminds me.. when i get home tonight, I'll pack all my Blyton books in a box. Then i can just grab the whole box and run, should my room catches fire :D
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

I'd shove all of them into a huge box and run with them! every single one of them, even if they are the horrible new editions, are treasures!

Society Member
Kitty
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers/Malory Towers
Favourite character: Alicia, Fatty, Gwendoline

Post by Kitty »

Spiteful Letters, 5th at Malory Towers, Ring O'Bells - I simply cannot reduce the selection any further!
Amberrose

Which would you save

Post by Amberrose »

I love so many, but I absolutely adore The Boy Next Door. It would have to be that.
noddy13

Post by noddy13 »

No doubt about it. Shadow the Sheepdog! And some of the lighter stuff... pink whistles and all !
Moose
Favourite book/series: Malory Towers
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Moose »

I have a copy of Shadow the Sheepdog which I presume was bought for me as a kid. But I've never read it :(. I feel a bit guilty but I just don't tend to like books about animals - Watership Down excepted, of course.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to die.

EF
jen
Favourite book/series: Secret Island
Favourite character: Jack or Phillip from Adventure

Which would you save?

Post by jen »

I'd save my dog-eared paperback of Secret Island even if it meant leaving behind all my firsts etc. just because it has been my favourite Blyton since I first read it, I've had it since I was a child - hence its battered state - and (as I have confessed before!) it is my first choice for bathtime reading.

Over to you........
A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
hobbes
Favourite book/series: The Adventure series. The Famous Five. The Secret
Favourite character: Dick, Bill Smugs

Re: Which would you save?

Post by hobbes »

Funnily enough Shadow would be my choice too. Not because it is my favourite book or anything but because it was my mum's and she passed it on to me so it counts as my first ever Blyton. It is a blue hardback Seagull Library from 1950 and has her name and address beautiful written in the front.