A question about the Adventure series annuals

The books! Over seven hundred of them and still counting...
Nearby
Favourite book/series: Adventure Series - Castle of Adventure
Favourite character: Philip Mannering, Barney, Sooty LeNoir, Andy

A question about the Adventure series annuals

Post by Nearby »

At the moment, my collection of Enid Blyton books is a little hodge podge, with all the series except the adventure one, incomplete. This is because I've had to take the opportunity to buy them as I see them rather than buy them in sequence, as many of you probably have had to. Recently, I've bought a few of the Annuals, including The Island of Adventure annual, a fairly recent one as it has the actors from the TV series on the cover ***.

My question is (at last we've come to the question :oops: ), is there an annual available for the entire Adventure series or was just the one published, as I can't seem to find mention of any other than 'Island' on ebay or anywhere else. :cry:

Thanks all. :)

*** Edit: Shows where my powers of observation are at, it actually has the actors from the 1980's one off film of the Island of Adventure. :oops: :oops:
Last edited by Nearby on 27 Aug 2008, 17:11, edited 1 time in total.
Between the years of 1947-1959, Enid Blyton used 98% of the worlds resources of ! Fact.
Tony Summerfield

Re: A question about the annuals?

Post by Tony Summerfield »

I have just realised it isn't in the Book Listing and it should be!! It isn't really an annual as such, more a book of the film. As that was the only film (Castle was done much later), I couldn't think where to put it, but I did think that I had it somewhere. So the answer to your question is no, there aren't any others and hopefully it will soon appear in the Book Listing! :oops:
Nearby
Favourite book/series: Adventure Series - Castle of Adventure
Favourite character: Philip Mannering, Barney, Sooty LeNoir, Andy

Re: A question about the annuals?

Post by Nearby »

Thanks for the reply Tony, I just realised my error, and that it was actually from the one off film. Shame there aren't any others.

Do you have a copy of this (silly question I think :mrgreen: ) for a scan of a cover? If not, I can do one for you, if you just let me know to what standard you scan them in at. :)
Between the years of 1947-1959, Enid Blyton used 98% of the worlds resources of ! Fact.