Forged Blyton signature on ebay

The books! Over seven hundred of them and still counting...
Kitty
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers/Malory Towers
Favourite character: Alicia, Fatty, Gwendoline

Re: Forged Blyton signature on ebay

Post by Kitty »

I once bought a signed book on eBay, by an obscure girls school story author - goodness knows if it was genuine or not, but since I got it for £1, the seller didn't gain much by the inscription - I felt quite sorry for them actually!
Gwendoline lay down, angry. She determined to make herself miserable and cry.
Blytonboy

Re: Forged Blyton signature on ebay

Post by Blytonboy »

Most Enid Blyton signatures for sale on Ebay have some described history behind them.I have no comments to make about other signed books as I have no collecting interest in them. It is clear that the buyer of this signature did not do his homework so has ended up buying an obvious forgery. Do you expect Ebay to pass judgements on forged signatures? Get real!
I use Stella and Rose and they are excellent booksellers but have mark ups of about 100/150% I should know as I have sold them a few books in the past.They were also trying to sell an Adventure series book last year with a VERY suspect signature.
Ebay is an excellent source for most things especially Blyton books. It's just that you need to know how to use it properly and DYOR.
Anyway, that's the last I'll say about it as I know I am not much liked by a few people on this forum who have resorted to personal insults.
PS It's only a site about Enid Blyton :lol: !