Sheds - as in SS and FFO

The books! Over seven hundred of them and still counting...
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: Sheds - as in SS and FFO

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

It's interesting to read people's posts and hear about clubs, picnics, sheds, meetings, activities, travel and resourcefulness. Enid Blyton's books have had a positive impact on so many people across several generations.
Chrissie777 wrote:Anita, thank you for sharing this wonderful story with us.
It would be worthy of being published in a future EBS Journal! 8)
I wrote about our shed and our clubs for Journal 45 but that was back in the summer of 2011 - almost ten years ago now!
Daisy wrote:We made various things like lavender bundles from ideas in the Holiday Books and I don't ever remember being bored.
Chrissie777 wrote:Same here, in my childhood I was never bored from the moment on I could read.
Same here, Daisy and Chrissie! My sister and I always had books, games and projects on the go!
Moonraker wrote:We took delivery of a new shed back in October... We will definitely be holding a shed-warming party once it is up!
Fingers crossed that social distancing won't still be in place! :wink:
Lucky Star wrote:Apart from that all I could do was daydream that I was on Kirrin Island searching for a Great Auk. :lol:
I'd love to be on Kirrin Island (or the Isle of Gloom) searching for a Great Auk right now! :)
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Chrissie777
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Adventure Series, Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Jack Trent

Post by Chrissie777 »

Anita Bensoussane wrote:
Lucky Star wrote:Apart from that all I could do was daydream that I was on Kirrin Island searching for a Great Auk. :lol:
I'd love to be on Kirrin Island (or the Isle of Gloom) searching for a Great Auk right now! :)
Same here. :D
Daydreaming about Kirrin Island or thinking about it, before I fall asleep is one of my "guilty pleasures". :wink:
Chrissie

Society Member

"For me, the cinema is not a slice of life, but a piece of cake."
Alfred Hitchcock
dsr

Post by dsr »

Moonraker wrote:We took delivery of a new shed back in October. It was painted and is still being stored in our garage. We need help in assembling, and as my neighbour is going to help me, it has to wait until he is allowed in our garden! As it is very wet underfoot, maybe it will have to wait until April or May now.

We will definitely be holding a shed-warming party once it is up!
I was talking to a friend today who had a flat-pack shed delivered last Autumn. Putting it up would have been a challenge for her on her own, but as two of her four sons have degrees in engineering, she somehow got it done! :D
DSR
dsr

Post by dsr »

Anita Bensoussane wrote:It's interesting to read people's posts and hear about clubs, picnics, sheds, meetings, activities, travel and resourcefulness. Enid Blyton's books have had a positive impact on so many people across several generations.
All I can remember from "life imitating art" in my childhood was my sister and her best friend playing "Woo-Hoo-Colly-Wobbles" on the bed when we were stopping at my Grandma's. (They wouldn't explain the rules, and it was years later when they admitted they were winding me up and there were no rules. In a different world they might have invented Mornington Crescent.)
DSR
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

:lol:
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member