St. Clare's Continuation Books

The books! Over seven hundred of them and still counting...
Hannah

Re: St. Clare's Continuation Books

Post by Hannah »

I like the continuation books by Pamela Cox - those for St. Clare's more than those for Malory towers though.

But maybe I'm easier to "convince" because I've grown up with 18 books of Malory towers and 19 books of St. Clare's without knowing that only six each had been written by Blyton. I learned only as an adult that most of the books were only published in German and written by someone else. I don't read the original books in German anymore - there are too many missing parts for my liking. In some books whole chapters are missing and the last book of Malory towers lost the whole story about Jo :evil:.

While I like the Trebizon books I can't say the same for Anne Digby's continuation of Naughtiest Girl. Almost all of them seem to have the plot "Elizabeth gets into trouble - nobody believes her (even though they should know her better by that time; she might be naughty etc. sometimes but she's honest) - in the end things turn out fine".
Society Member
Nair Snehalatha

Re: St. Clare's Continuation Books

Post by Nair Snehalatha »

. The continuation books by other authors will come nowhere near the original Enid Blyton.ones.No one can write stories or books as Blyton did -- the joy , the cosy feeling of reading is only got from Blyton .