THE WRITER Dec, 1951 – Enid Blyton

Use this forum to discuss the author herself.
Boodi 2
Favourite book/series: The Five Find-outers, The Six Cousins
Favourite character: Ern

Re: THE WRITER Dec, 1951 – Enid Blyton

Post by Boodi 2 »

Anita Bensoussane wrote: 21 Oct 2022, 21:50
Boatbuilder wrote: 21 Oct 2022, 18:49 As the admin have access to all areas of the forum including editing of profiles, signatures etc., maybe they should be the ones to add the 'Society Member' words to the signature of those forum members who do subscribe.
I must admit I'm hesitant to do that as I assume that those members who don't add the words have chosen not to for whatever reason. However, if any Society members would like me to add 'Society Member' to their signature, just let me know.
I have no idea where I should add the information that I am a society member, so would be happy for Anita to do it for me.
('Tis done! - Anita)

I was initially attracted to the journal by reading the various posts pertaining to it and thought it sounded very interesting, but also felt that even if it did not live up to my expectations it would be a good thing to support the society and the work that Tony does. However, it more than met my expectations and I was so delighted with it that I even obtained about 20 back issues and have since written a short article that was published in the last journal, about which I am very proud :oops: :roll:
Society Member
Boodi 2

Post by Boodi 2 »

Barnard wrote: 22 Oct 2022, 12:21 I enjoy setting crossword clues, trying to work out Bertie’s ‘only connects’ and having a go at the monthly quiz. In the last two years I have also written a lot of Ern style ‘pomes’, had a few attempts at the caption competition and posted on a few other topics.
However, I am not really interested in subscribing to the journal and hope subscribing will not be made compulsory.
I agree that subscribing should not become compulsory, but would hope that (like me), most people would consider subscribing to the journal out of interest and as a way to support the society.

I really enjoy Barnard's crossword clues, Bertie's "Only Connects" and the Ern-style "pomes", which make visits to the forums an even better experience :lol: :lol: :lol:
Society Member
Wolfgang
Favourite book/series: The children at Green Meadows/Adventure-series
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Wolfgang »

Moonraker wrote: 22 Oct 2022, 17:06
Another point (as has happened) is that when someone doesn't renew their subscription, the Society Member status remains.
I think Tony pointed out some time ago that the entry was removed when it wasn't true. Admittedly the question was when someone added it who wasn't a member at that time, but I draw the conclusion that it would removed anyway if someone is no longer a member of the society. Not immediately to give them time to think things over, but surely after some time.
Success is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration.
Boodi 2

Post by Boodi 2 »

Thanks Anita,
it looks very well indeed!!!
Cheers,
MONIQUE/BOODI 2
Society Member
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

Looks great Boodi!

Little did I realise when I posted a link to Enid's supplementary interview in The Writer Dec 1951 that such a lively and interactive forum conversation covering numerous topics would ensue.
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Judith Crabb
Favourite book/series: Boys' and Girls' Circus Book/Adventure Series

Post by Judith Crabb »

Browsing through a back issue of the EB Society Journal, lent to me by Aussie Sue to help me with my next journal contribution, I noticed yet another article by Enid Blyton first published in 'The Writer' Vol 15 No. 5 May 1955. It is reprinted in Journal 40 Winter 2009 for those lucky enough to have a copy.
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Yes, I checked out The Writer in the Cave of Books and remembered reading that one:

https://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/bly ... ter%2C+The
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

Ooh that's great. I will have to look that edition up.
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member