If Enid Blyton went into a beauty contest or was an actor

Use this forum to discuss the author herself.
zaidi
Favourite book/series: FamousFive
Favourite character: Nick and Julian

If Enid Blyton went into a beauty contest or was an actor

Post by zaidi »

I think Enid is really too beautiful. If we see her properly.I think if she went to a beauty contest like Miss world.
She would win it. And i think many people don't have the grace of life and beauty.Like she has.
I think all of the Blyton members would think she's beautiful.
And if she was an actor. Then she will be the guitar of many hearts.
Moonraker

Re: If enid Blyton went into a beauty contest or was an actor

Post by Moonraker »

zaidi wrote: And if she was an actor. Then she will be the guitar of many hearts.
Have you been on the magic mushrooms, Zaidi? :shock:
Society Member
70s-child
Favourite book/series: Adv. series, Barney series, St. Clare's, FFO
Favourite character: Snubby, Loony, Susie, Dinah, Jack Trent, Fatty

Post by 70s-child »

Moonraker wrote:
zaidi wrote: And if she was an actor. Then she will be the guitar of many hearts.
Have you been on the magic mushrooms, Zaidi? :shock:
:lol: :lol: That was priceless!
Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

I told Imogen about this post when she phoned me this morning and she said that it was the funniest thing she had heard this week! :lol:
zaidi

Post by zaidi »

Tony Summerfield wrote:I told Imogen about this post when she phoned me this morning and she said that it was the funniest thing she had heard this week! :lol:
The first thing is that tony, it's an honour for me that you posted on the topic. You do it quite less.
And the happiest thing i've heard of is. That you told it to imogen. Really i'm toooooo much happy.
Did you tell who posted it too? Anyways but enid is really beautiful.
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Tony Summerfield wrote:I told Imogen about this post when she phoned me this morning and she said that it was the funniest thing she had heard this week! :lol:
I think the tone of this post was lost on her, Tony! :lol:

Rubbish, Zaidi - Enid might have had her head in the clouds in terms of imagination but she was surely far too down to earth to even consider something like Miss World!

Have you read The Six Bad Boys, Zaidi? Enid very clearly expresses disdain towards Bob's mother "prettyfying" (sp?) herself at a beauty salon!

Society Member
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Re: If Enid Blyton went into a beauty contest or was an actor

Post by pete9012S »

zaidi wrote:I think Enid is really too beautiful. If we see her properly.I think if she went to a beauty contest like Miss world.
She would win it. And i think many people don't have the grace of life and beauty.Like she has.
I think all of the Blyton members would think she's beautiful.
And if she was an actor. Then she will be the guitar of many hearts.
You know-if we had a section on this forum entitled 'post of the month' I feel quite sure this post would win it easily hands down without contest! :D
So well done to you Zaidi,you definitely bring a unique and refreshing perspective to these forums! :D :D :D
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
zaidi

Post by zaidi »

Thanks Petes, and ming you always scold me, i feel like a little sister being scolded.
I think in anyways Enid is a beauty, rather than seeing Angelina Jolie, i would much better like to see Enid Blyton.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

zaidi wrote:Thanks Petes, and ming you always scold me, i feel like a little sister being scolded.
I think in anyways Enid is a beauty, rather than seeing Angelina Jolie, i would much better like to see Enid Blyton.
Yes, she does, doesn't she! All credit to you Zaidi that you don't take offence! I've never seen Enid as a latter day sex symbol, Angelina take heed, so thanks for putting that image in our minds! :D
Society Member
Wayne Pyer
Favourite book/series: adventure/find outers
Favourite character: Bill Smugs/Kiki/Fatty

Post by Wayne Pyer »

I've just re-read this forum from the start and honestly, you don't HAVE to be mad to belong here but........... :lol:

I've been giggling like a naughty schoolboy. :oops:
Wayne, living in an Enid Blyton world.
Ming

Post by Ming »

zaidi wrote:ming you always scold me, i feel like a little sister being scolded.
But Zaidi, I thought you saw me as an older sister? Surely with that honour comes responsibility of taking you to hand as well! I assure you, I've reared many children in my lifetime - one more won't be any trouble at all! :D

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Ming wrote:
zaidi wrote:ming you always scold me, i feel like a little sister being scolded.
But Zaidi, I thought you saw me as an older sister? Surely with that honour comes responsibility of taking you to hand as well! I assure you, I've reared many children in my lifetime - one more won't be any trouble at all! :D
So what is our relationship, Ming? :roll:
Society Member
Ming

Post by Ming »

No words can ever describe it, old thing. :D

Society Member
MJE
Favourite book/series: Famous Five series
Favourite character: George; Julian; Barney

Post by MJE »

Wayne Pyer wrote:I've just re-read this forum from the start and honestly, you don't HAVE to be mad to belong here but........... :lol:
     But it helps? Is that what you were going to say?
     I don't know about that; but this is one of those threads that occasionally comes up whose point I just somehow fail to see.
     It does occur to me, though, that the confusion that has arisen might have been because of some ambiguity over whether the beauty of Enid Blyton that was mentioned was physical beauty of appearance, or inner beauty of character. I have no opinion about either, because I just don't know enough to have an opinion.
     I have no idea what Enid Blyton's opinion was of going to great lengths to prettify oneself. I would be wary of drawing conclusions about her real-life opinion about it just because she had characters in a novel express an opinion of it. Authors do not always give their characters - even their most favourable characters - opinions that reflect the author's own opinion. One of the skills of being a good writer is precisely the ability to give characters opinions that differ from one's own - and to do so very convincingly.

Regards, Michael.
Society Member
MJE
Favourite book/series: Famous Five series
Favourite character: George; Julian; Barney

Post by MJE »

Hmmm... just reading it over again - it does seem to be more about physical beauty. Not sure why I thought that was ambiguous.
     I don't know. I guess she looked okay. I don't have much of a sense of physical beauty about anyone, actually. When I meet people or just see them going past, I really don't even think about whether they are beautiful or pretty or handsome or anything. I have heard people say that there is even a hierarchy, where beautiful is above attractive, and that is above pretty, and so on. It sure beats me: someone just looks how they look.

Regards, Michael.
Society Member