The Evidence

Use this forum to discuss the author herself.
tix

The Evidence

Post by tix »

I believe that some years ago, it was a Japanese expert on finance who wrote a book in which he predicted the collapse of the world money system and then he told us it would take place the following year.

I think the book was a best seller and it wouldn’t be difficult to understand why. We all want stability and if someone says there isn’t going to be any, people rush to the bookstands to find out why.

The money system didn’t collapse but I’m sure the author made a pile and quietly retreated into his mansion.

Erich von Däniken was another who produced books and even films about his interpretation of clues extracted from various locales. His theories held that extraterrestrials had visited this planet a long time ago. The signs are there if you’re prepared to examine the pyramids, and search out artifacts left amongst the ruins of ancient civilizations.

There are also newspapers devoted to making absurd claims such as the “Weekly World News” that reported on the Garden of Eden. It had been located together with the original apple - yes folks; they even grew a new tree from the seed.

Speculation such as the above can be aligned with the phrase “Conspiracy Theory.” An enterprising individual will select various pieces of information that can be spiced and garnished a little and even “twisted” so that the finished product can be presented in a different, and perhaps more interesting, context.

I began thinking of the possibilities when I saw a review of “The Towering Inferno” that introduced all kinds of weird inferences and theories about the movie.

If money can be gained by creating speculation and distorting facts concerning people or everyday occurrences, then I thought it was high time I boarded the gravy train.

Choosing a familiar subject (Enid Blyton), I gathered quite a heap of information but I’ll release just one item here because I don’t want to jeopardize the sale of a book should I decide to follow that path.

Read this and weep:

The works of Enid Blyton were possibly the stimulus for a terrible crime.

When Manhattan lost its two front teeth, the first question must have been “Why?” After that, the urge for justice came to the fore as world events provided what we thought was a reasonable answer. There was little more investigation into the true cause.

A couple of towers had been destroyed. Thinking of the towers that feature in the Enid Blyton books, I did some checking and found that, in general, they represented “Evil” or else they were crumbling away. For “Crumbling” you can read “Falling Down.”

Can you recall the Old House with the tower in “Spiggy Holes?” It held a prisoner so it was a very evil place and owned by evil people. The same goes for the tower in Faynights Castle where a scientist was incarcerated and then there was the tower in that old building up on Skylark Hill (Mystery that Never Was) where men were involved in criminal acts - and one of them even kicked Punch the dog!

Featured in “The Strange Ruby” were some children imprisoned in a house with towers at each end. Princess Peronel was locked up in the tower belonging to Witch Green-eyes and we mustn’t forget the enormous tower belonging to Enchanter Clip-clap where Chinky the little pixie was held.

The tower at Craggy Tops was gradually crumbling away and so was the one on Kirrin Island.

Evil towers, towers about to fall down, and evil people – remember that horrible person called “Red Tower?” I’m sure many readers would have liked to eliminate him.

The material I gathered convinced me that if a person or persons of fanatical make-up (stark raving mad) had read about these “Towers,” there’d be a jolly good chance that some influencing of thought could have taken place. "The fight against evil must prevail! Towers must be destroyed."

More information was required though because as Enid Blyton had written her books in English, how could people in Saudi Arabia and such places connected with the 911 crimes become aware of the references? Thinking about this, I searched through the EBS Forums and what do you think? I found a listing of the various languages that the books have been translated into (April, 2009) and one of them was Arabic!

Need I say more? I can’t claim to be absolutely sure that 911 had a Blyton connection but, after a little more sifting of the information, I believe a definite conclusion will be reached.

Further theories will be examined such as a tenuous Blyton association with the Napoleonic Wars (Michel de Nostredame will be mentioned), Elvis Presley’s return from Germany in 1960 and the obvious relationship of that momentous occasion to “Five on Finniston Farm.” There’s also a very strong Blyton connection to the disappearance of Glen Miller and to the ultimate demise of the Concorde jet but all these tit-bits will have to wait until I receive an offer.
Katharine

Re: The Evidence

Post by Katharine »

A very interesting theory Tiq. Have you by any chance been visited by a snowman recently? :D
Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

I'm afraid I don't believe in any of these theories on Enid Blyton and her books. To me, she was a good story teller, with a great imagination, and she wrote about what children of her time wanted to read about. Animals, Fairies, Adventure, Mystery and School Stories. And that's all there was to it!

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Timmylover
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Five Find-Outers, Barney Mysteries
Favourite character: Have a guess

Post by Timmylover »

Hear hear, Julie. :D

You never know, tiq, some people (well, one in particular) may just take your 'theories' seriously. :roll:
"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers".
Charles W. Eliot, The Happy Life, 1896.
Smuggler's Top
Favourite book/series: The Secret Island / The Famous Five
Favourite character: Anne

Post by Smuggler's Top »

Would this person take it 'personal'?
Whatever awaits behind closed doors,
Strange noises in the cellar or the sound of creaky floors,
We never let a mystery pass us by,
Just leave a clue and leave the rest to the Famous Five.
Timmylover
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Five Find-Outers, Barney Mysteries
Favourite character: Have a guess

Post by Timmylover »

Smuggler's Top wrote:Would this person take it 'personal'?
Oh, I should think so. It is, after all, anecdotal evidence. :roll:
"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers".
Charles W. Eliot, The Happy Life, 1896.
Dick Kirrin
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Barney Mysteries
Favourite character: Julian, Dick

Post by Dick Kirrin »

As with all good suspects, there is no hard evidence and there never will be. Who would have thought that the lovely lady dear Anne gave her diaries to would ever be suspected of being - even far - behind 911? :?:

BTW, when constructing such a "theory", you shouldn't forget that towers were very often used for signals (Smuggler's Top, Kirrin Island and Go down to the Sea), so how do you account for that? :D :wink:

Cheers

Dick Kirrin

PS: When Anne borrowed her diaries to Enid, we never thought that she would start a constant flow of pennies, so by all means write your book. :D
"You just never knew what would happen. It made life exciting, of course - but it did spoil a cycling tour!"
tix

Post by tix »

On 30.12.10, Dick Kirrin wrote:

… when constructing such a "theory", you shouldn't forget that towers were very often used for signals (Smuggler's Top, Kirrin Island and Go down to the Sea), so how do you account for that?

You must realize that I’m still very new to this Conspiracy Theory game but I’m learning very quickly as I carry on my investigations.

The answer to your question:

There were usually bad men in the towers who were flashing to other bad men. That’s very evil indeed - I don’t believe you should be allowed to flash in towers because it helps smugglers and other such villains to carry out their wicked plans.

As yet I’ve had no offers. I thought the publishers would come running as soon as they saw my post although it could be the presence of the holiday season that’s holding them up. However, if they still overlook this moneymaking opportunity I could perhaps publish the book myself.

The only problem is that I haven’t the faintest idea how to do it so I’d need to obtain advice from someone who knows the ropes.

Here’s one more titbit to wet the mouths of "People in High Places" -

Enid Blyton is famous for her lavish luncheons and picnics.

I asked myself – “Why was she so generous where food was involved?”

Puzzling over this for about three hours the other evening I finally came up with the answer to a question that has puzzled the analysts for years.

I spelt her Christian name backwards.
Enikyoga

Post by Enikyoga »

Julie2owlsdene wrote:To me, she was a good story teller, with a great imagination, and she wrote about what children of her time wanted to read about. Animals, Fairies, Adventure, Mystery and School Stories. And that's all there was to it!

8)
Yes, you are most correct. Enid Blyton basically wrote for children. However, one cannot be oblivious to the circumstances in the background such as compulsory education or rather homeschooling for children that could not attend regular schools, which was a directive from the government(s) under which Enid wrote her books during those days. Several or I should say, many of her books reflect health, environmental, economic and to some extent, political conditions under which she wrote. Yes, she wrote for children but she could not ignore the aforementioned conditions under which she wrote her books.
Stephen Isabirye
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

tix wrote:
Enid Blyton is famous for her lavish luncheons and picnics.

I asked myself – “Why was she so generous where food was involved?”

Puzzling over this for about three hours the other evening I finally came up with the answer to a question that has puzzled the analysts for years.

I spelt her Christian name backwards.

:D :D :D :D
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member