Looking For Enid in York Cemetery

Use this forum to discuss the author herself.
Green Hedges

Looking For Enid in York Cemetery

Post by Green Hedges »

I'm doing a talk an Enid related talk in The Chapel at York Cemetery at noon on Sunday April 25th. If you google "Duncan McLaren" and "digyorkshire" (all one word) you'll get the link.

Kate, who accompanied me on the tour of Blyton sites that gave rise to Looking For Enid, will also be taking part. Hopefully, that will help to keep it light. In any case the talk will be suitable for (but not aimed at) children.

We'll do a bit of reading from the book. But I dare say we'll get round to discussing Chorion, Barbara Stoney's biography, Gillian and Imogen, Enid (the film), where Fatty lives and Noddy and the Farmyard Muddle.

Will there be ginger beer around? The chapel will be awash in the stuff.
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Re: Looking For Enid in York Cemetery

Post by Lucky Star »

Sounds good. Or at least it would if I lived anywhere near York. :lol: I hope its a success.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Green Hedges wrote: Kate, who accompanied me on the tour of Blyton sites that gave rise to Looking For Enid, will also be taking part.
Is that the young lady who shared a room with you? That'll make an interesting talk, if so. :wink:
Society Member
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

Green Hedges wrote:I'm doing a talk an Enid related talk in The Chapel at York Cemetery at noon on Sunday April 25th. If you google "Duncan McLaren" and "digyorkshire" (all one word) you'll get the link.

Kate, who accompanied me on the tour of Blyton sites that gave rise to Looking For Enid, will also be taking part. Hopefully, that will help to keep it light. In any case the talk will be suitable for (but not aimed at) children.

We'll do a bit of reading from the book. But I dare say we'll get round to discussing Chorion, Barbara Stoney's biography, Gillian and Imogen, Enid (the film), where Fatty lives and Noddy and the Farmyard Muddle.

Will there be ginger beer around? The chapel will be awash in the stuff.
Hi Duncan,
The above sounds very interesting-anyone doing a vid of your talk,then maybe youtube-ing it so we could see it??

How are you getting on with your book, ('Mabels Diaries,Mabels Dementia?) still hard at work at it or have you finished it now?
Hope youre not working TOO hard and have time for some fun now and again :wink:
Regards
Pete
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member