Imagination

Use this forum to discuss the author herself.
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Re: Imagination

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Yes, I take your point, Robert and Belly. I guess I did find it encouraging. But having a young child at the time, my attentions were taken up. Then going back to work once she reached school age, you tend to put your own wants on the back boiler and keep putting your family commitments first.

Another novel I wrote, and sent off, the publishing house actually phoned me and asked me to try out something specific which they were after, which I did and sent off, but then the situation changed and the book wasn't used after all. :x

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

I think you should continue submitting your stories for publication, Julie. They are certainly good enough to get into print. Many of the most famous and successful writers were rejected before eventually having their work accepted. My brother, Andrew has recently had a collection of his short stories accepted for publication, after receiving countless rejection slips, and his book should be on sale in the very near future. I'll keep the forums posted with any updates on this. So keep sending your stories off, Julie and don't be discouraged by the odd refusal letter. I feel sure you will triumph in the end! :D :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Belly

Post by Belly »

Eddie Muir wrote:I think you should continue submitting your stories for publication, Julie. They are certainly good enough to get into print. Many of the most famous and successful writers were rejected before eventually having their work accepted. My brother, Andrew has recently had a collection of his short stories accepted for publication, after receiving countless rejection slips, and his book should be on sale in the very near future. I'll keep the forums posted with any updates on this. So keep sending your stories off, Julie and don't be discouraged by the odd refusal letter. I feel sure you will triumph in the end! :D :D
Don't know how to reply in this new format without quoting? Odd! Sorry Eddie etc.

Julie - let's get this straight you had a publishing house call you up and another interested! That is amazing and to me suggests you have real ability and talent. I would be over the moon if this had happened to me and take it to me I would definitely have a novel etc in print in time!!!!!

It really is, Julie. I don't think J K Rowling had anyone showing any interesting at all in her work and received hundreds of rejection letters with no follow up calls etc! It's very rare to get interest shown twice like that..You obviously have real ability! Too many on here are too modest and don't realise how much ability they have!
Rob Houghton
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery, Famous Five and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Snubby, Uncle Robert, George, Fatty

Post by Rob Houghton »

Yes: a call from a publisher??!! That's like winning the lottery! :D
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Thanks for your kind comments everyone.
We are talking over 25 years ago though, Robert. In fact, I think the only manuscript I have kept, is the one that had the second reading as I was particularly fond of that one.

I must try and find it and give it a re-read :D

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member