'Looking For Enid' - free paperback copies

Use this forum to discuss the author herself.
Green Hedges

Re: 'Looking For Enid' - free paperback copies

Post by Green Hedges »

Thanks for those words Viking Star. Especially the La, la,la!

Booksellers had wanted an image of Enid on the book right from the start. We stuck with the original 'Five Go To Kirrin Island Again' cover for our hardback dustjacket, and I for one don't regret that (I'll never get sick of that 'reversed telescope' image). But I guess the publishers wanted to comply with the booksellers' wishes as much as possible for the paperback. So they employed a new designer who came up with a very different design. I was brought in at the last minute to choose between predominantly green, orange and purple colour schemes for the cover! I did make that arbitrary choice (orange, to distinguish it as much as possible from the first edition cover) but I wouldn't have minded being left out of the consultation process altogether. Leaving things like covers (and quotes from reviews) to the professionals is often best. Though not always.
Fatty
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers
Favourite character: Little Bets

Re: 'Looking For Enid' - free paperback copies

Post by Fatty »

Hi Duncan, many thanks for the copy — my brother said it arrived yesterday, intact. Unfortunately I'm out of town and will be back in Cochin only by the end of next week. Can't wait to get my hands on it. And yes, I'll definitely let you know what I think of the book!