Article in Daily Express

Use this forum to discuss the author herself.
Kate Mary
Favourite book/series: The Treasure Hunters/ Five Find Outers
Favourite character: Barney

Article in Daily Express

Post by Kate Mary »

In today's Daily Express there is a two page article on Enid Blyton entitled ' She was a blight on our lives", full marks for the title, but it is the usual hatchet job with quotes from "A Childhood at Green Hedges"; and how about this for a beginning: -

"In the cold nursery locked away from the warmth of the family areas of the house, Enid Blyton's youngest daughter, Imogen longed for her mother's affection. Below she could hear the constant clatter of her mother's typewriter as she wrote yet another novel about happy children full of cream cakes and ginger beer..."

The article doesn't appear to be on the Express website yet, so I can't put a link in, but I wouldn't bother rushing out for a copy of the Express. It seems to have been raked up to mark Disney's new cartoon series, well you have to fill a paper somehow, personally I would have preferred another sofa advert.

Kate.
Tony Summerfield

Re: Article in Daily Express

Post by Tony Summerfield »

As it still hasn't appeared online, I thought I had better go and buy a copy of the Express, despite your warning, Kate! This journalist phoned me on Wednesday and said that she had missed the press screening of the new Famous Five Series, but had been told that she had to write something about it and wanted my help. As I hadn't seen it either I was unable to help her. Clearly she went away and decided that it was safer to walk on well trodden ground, rather than inventing an article on something that she knew nothing about!