70s Famous Five on …. BritBox

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
Wolfgang
Favourite book/series: The children at Green Meadows/Adventure-series
Favourite character: Fatty

Re: 70s Famous Five on …. BritBox

Post by Wolfgang »

I don't know if they stream it anywhere in Germany, but I have the DVD-set, and if I wanted to, I could buy a Blue-Ray set on Ebay.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2945
Success is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration.
FiveFanDownunder
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five
Favourite character: After forty years or so I still can’t decide.

Post by FiveFanDownunder »

Good one Wolfgang.

I have a DVD, but have discovered that the quality is poor, and no match for the German-created Koch set of about 10 years ago ... I am looking at the DVD or Blue-Ray myself. Have to make sure I can play it here, there are different versions around with different region codes ...
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Several years ago I saw some of the FF dvds in a local shop, but had no spare cash, and also I already had a number of them on video, but couldn't remember which ones, so didn't want to end up with duplicates.

Now I don't have a working video player, so can't watch any of them. Although dvds wouldn't be much good at the moment either as the remote control for the dvd player has stopped working too. :(
Society Member
Wolfgang
Favourite book/series: The children at Green Meadows/Adventure-series
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Wolfgang »

FiveFanDownunder wrote: 13 Jul 2021, 07:08 Good one Wolfgang.

I have a DVD, but have discovered that the quality is poor, and no match for the German-created Koch set of about 10 years ago ... I am looking at the DVD or Blue-Ray myself. Have to make sure I can play it here, there are different versions around with different region codes ...
I checked the DVD-set and it seems there's no region code printed on it - I suppose it means it's region free. English Dubbing is on the DVDs too, but then you can't switch off the subtitles.
I seem to recall that a set for the English market was also published - maybe you can get such a set.
Success is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration.