Swimming Scenes

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
DRF

Swimming Scenes

Post by DRF »

I've noticed that the majority of Blyton's works featured scenes of swimming. I've also noticed that these scenes were minimized in the adaptations of her work. Can anyone point me to certain episodes of the various tv adaptations that featured swimming?
daanton
Favourite book/series: FAMOUS FIVE
Favourite character: All the Five, but especially Anne.

Re: Swimming Scenes

Post by daanton »

One that immediately comes to my mind is the early morning swim Julian and Dick took, in "Five Get Into Trouble", while Anne cooked breakfast and George slept in!
[It is the next morning, and the Five are encamped with their tents near a pristine lake. Here we find Julian and Dick having a morning swim in the lake...
ANNE (calling to them): “Breakfast!”
[Everyone’s awake... except George, still sleeping in the girls’ tent!
ANNE (to George): “C’mon, George! Get up!”
[George mumbles something and goes back to sleep!
“Come on!”
[Anne heads back to the campfire in order to get the breakfast out of the frying pan, while Julian and Dick now swim toward the lake shore, then wade out of the lake and onto the shore where their towels lay. They retrieve their towels and start drying themselves...
DICK: “Refreshing anyway!”
JULIAN: “Yes!”
[Julian and Dick, now having wrapped themselves in their towels, approach the campsite, where Anne is just about to serve breakfast...
ANNE: “Okay?”
DICK: “[It’s] a bit nippy.”
ANNE: “I always knew you two were mad!”
This was third episode to feature swimming, as I also detail two other (earlier) episodes of same: [link]
Famous Five TV Fan