The 77/78 TV series: Little mistakes and special moments

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Nige,

You're in grave danger of getting a damn good slapping on May 12th! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Society Member
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

hmm can't work out whether you're looking forward to that!!!
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Depends. At the moment, Jane will be with me.....
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

[George:] "Nige,
You're in grave danger of getting a damn good slapping on May 12th! :lol: :lol: :lol: "

In Blytonese, that would be "a jolly good spanking!"

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I never somehow saw Zoe as Dame Slap! :roll:
Society Member
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Perhaps you saw her as Miss Snap? :wink:

Society Member
dsr

Post by dsr »

Wouter - I dare say you already know there's a dutch version of the 1990's 1st series? It's on either Amazon or Ebay, I can't remember which.
Yan

Post by Yan »

Sorry, but has my well-intentioned topic to be filled with such useless stuff? :(

@ moonraker:
If you're not interested in searching out and talking about little and funny mistakes in the old tv-series, no problem. But some users in this forum are (I suppose).
So please do not comment any new postings with "no surprise" or something like that. Since I do not the same with your topics. :roll:
There are so many other topics in this forum where you surely can find what you're interested in :wink:

@ dsr:
If you want to talk about a Dutch version of the 70's tv-series why don't you open a new topic for this?
HeatherS
Favourite book/series: Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by HeatherS »

I'm sorry, Yan, but I need to reply to this. You've just made some rather harsh comments that relate to some of our longest-standing and best-loved members.

Threads often get derailed and go in another direction. Sometimes they come back on topic again, and sometimes not. Look at the "Happy Birthday Anita!!" thread in the "General Natter" section as an example.

Nobody here minds when threads turn to different topics. We like to have general chat, on or off topic, and quite often threads will turn to something completely different. If we all got up in arms when that happened to our threads, this place wouldn't be the pleasant one we all enjoy.
Heather
"Have you held your breath in wonder, at the sky so dark and deep?" - Enid Blyton
http://www.heathersblytonpages.com/
Keith Robinson
Site Administrator

Post by Keith Robinson »

Hear hear! Heather's put in words pretty much what I was thinking about myself. It would be a pretty miserable, oppressively formal place without the derailments we get from time to time. I was actually enjoying both the interesting subject AND the "useless comments" -- to me it's all part of the normal progression of threads.

Then I got to your post, Yan, and found myself unwilling to return here. There's a slight whiff in the air I don't much like. Lighten up! :wink:
Susie

Post by Susie »

Since Yan started this thread, I think he is entitled to have his say on the matter. So I vote the mod on here deletes the posts that are not in connection to this thread, including my post and go back to square one, if your not happy with that then split the topic.

What I like about this forum is that it does not mind if someone goes off topic. But I do think we should respect yans wishes in this case and remember no one is perfect.
There is always something else new to learn.
Yan

Post by Yan »

(Thanks, Susie)

Maybe my last comment was a little overdoing (sorry).

So please feel free to discuss about the weather in this thread if you like. I don't mind anymore :lol:

But I still will not fill another one's thread with general natter if the topic is of no worth for me. Because I do respect other user's topics. Sorry for this. But just like Susie said: I'm not perfect. :wink:
Wouter

Post by Wouter »

dsr wrote:Wouter - I dare say you already know there's a dutch version of the 1990's 1st series? It's on either Amazon or Ebay, I can't remember which.
Yes "dsr", I noticed this, but I never saw any episode of these 90ties series. For me, the 70ties series are more fun because I have sweet memories about them! So I'm still waiting...

Happy Valentine Day to all Forum members!
And now, everybody back 'on topic' again... :wink:
Yan

Post by Yan »

Funny little mistake at the beginning of "Five go to Smuggler's Top":
Look at George when Sooty opens the secret passage in his stepfather's study: George is wearing her blue jacket with the white stripes.

Then, when the children go through the passage she is suddenly wearing her blue sweatshirt only (still when they climb up the stairs).

And finally, when they have reached the top of the stairs she is suddenly wearing her blue jacket again :D
Last edited by Yan on 21 Mar 2007, 23:28, edited 1 time in total.