Five on a Treasure Island Film - Probable Spoof

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
The Sea By Moonlight
Favourite book/series: Famous Five - Five go to Smugglers Top
Favourite character: The Five Together are inseparable

Five on a Treasure Island Film - Probable Spoof

Post by The Sea By Moonlight »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_on_a_Treasure_Island" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I presume that this is fabrication, but look at the bottom of the above wikipedia webpage. It suggests that a film will be released in 2012. Sorry if this has been posted before, but I did search for 10 mins or so and couldn't see anything on it.

The thing that pretty much confirms that this as balderdash is the suggestion that Sam Mendes would be directing it. Also after a short search I could find no other mention of it on the internet, despite this announcement apparently being made 5 months ago.

Anyway sorry if this has already been mentioned just thought it was a little bit interesting.
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Re: Five on a Treasure Island Film - Probable Spoof

Post by Lucky Star »

It sounds a little unlikely to me. One would imagine that such a film would have made a bigger splash, at least in the Blyton world. Wasn't there some copyright issue for the 1978 series concerning the BFF movie? I believe thats why that series did not include Treasure Island but, instead, amalgamated it with Kirrin Island Again.

Of course that may have expired by now but I would be inclined to think that a major Famous Five film seems an unlikely project these days. :?
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member