Looking for Jo

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
peppermint peppy

Looking for Jo

Post by peppermint peppy »

In -Five fall into adventure- there is a girl called Jo. Who's acting Jo and where is this woman today. Has she become popular in Britain after FF78/79 series or has she acted in further movies? Anybody an idea? :D
Thanks
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Re: Looking for Jo

Post by Lucky Star »

According to the link below her name is Julie Davis. The link does not give any further acting roles for her so we can perhaps assume that she didn't do any more work in this field. Its quite a common name too so it would be difficult to find the right person on an internet search. She did a good job as Jo though.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3533465/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

Most child actors have their fifteen minutes of fame and then that's it, back to their normal lives and obscurity. Gary Russell makes mention of Julie Davies as a great girl with whom to spend the last two weeks of filming in his article about the Famous Five TV series first published in the EBS Journal many years ago.
Lucky Star

Post by Lucky Star »

Petermax wrote:Most child actors have their fifteen minutes of fame and then that's it, back to their normal lives and obscurity.
Another factor is that many child actors do not choose to enter acting themselves - it is their parents who push them into it. Any child in that position will probably get out of it as soon as they are able to.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
auscatherine

Post by auscatherine »

Another factor is that many child actors do not choose to enter acting themselves - it is their parents who push them into it.
I can't think why! My 10yo thinks she is going to have a career as an actor when she grows up (after one starring role in her school play :lol: ). I will be actively trying to deter her though if she keeps this up. All the actors (and dancers, singers etc) we know seem to be forever broke and having to supplement their acting income by doing jobs like nannying or waiting tables. I suggested becoming a teacher or barrister as at least that way she will have a captive audience to perform in front of and have a regular income.
Madpants
Favourite book/series: Famous Five / Five Find Outers / Adventure Series
Favourite character: Kiki

Post by Madpants »

Jo (Julie) has just joined the forum and said hello in introduce yourself :D :D :D
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Great news. :D Are you still acting, Julie? And how about sharing your fond memories with us all.

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Julie Davis

Post by Julie Davis »

Jo has been found and i have become a member.. and have much to share i am thrilled that there is this page as this made me smile i loved jo and and have very fond memories.. and will update my life journey as soon as i can... would it be best on this page!! i am thrilled and have much to update thankyou and have a fab evening julie (jo)
peppermint peppy

Post by peppermint peppy »

Are you a bit batty? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dick Kirrin
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Barney Mysteries
Favourite character: Julian, Dick

Post by Dick Kirrin »

I suggested becoming a teacher or barrister as at least that way she will have a captive audience to perform in front of and have a regular income.
Being a teacher, I permit myself some doubt as to the attentiveness of my audience... :D
Maybe I'm not good enough to have their attention all the time, who knows? But I can assure you that you'll have a regular income, you won't get rich, however but it pays the rent.
Depending on your personal teaching style you need actor's qualities time and again, but you have to remain a genuine personality, too. I'm not so sure that this can be said of all actors but as we have two experts here with Julie and Gary, I'd like to leave the answer to them.

Cheers

Dick Kirrin
"You just never knew what would happen. It made life exciting, of course - but it did spoil a cycling tour!"
Julie Davis

Post by Julie Davis »

hi and thankyou for your messages and yes i have been a teacher on alternative curriculum projects and created programmes for young people very much like jo.. and yes it was too pay the rent and i loved it but not the paperwork.. I enjoy raising young peoples aspirations and seeing them have fun whilst learning.. and for me yes its an audience i didnt think of it that way but your right...

thankyou julie (Jo)
Julie Davis

Post by Julie Davis »

Hi forgot to reply to peppermint peppy :D :D :D yes i am abit battttttty.. and thankyou for starting up this topic as i have a place to reply etc..

have fun julie (jo)
Lucky Star

Post by Lucky Star »

Very nice to hear from you Julie. You did a wonderful job as Jo in the TV series. One of the many highlights of my favourite childhood programme. :D

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Welcome, Julie. Doing anything on the 15th May, next year? :shock:
Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Moonraker wrote:Welcome, Julie. Doing anything on the 15th May, next year? :shock:
Simply 'wizard' idea!! Better still if Gary and Marcus come come :D

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member