Noddy - 1975

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: Noddy - 1975

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Oliver Postgate's voice is the one that takes me back to my early childhood. If he had narrated Noddy, I'd have watched it for sure!

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Eljay

Post by Eljay »

nlgbbbblth wrote:This particular adaptation of Noddy [with Richard Briers narration] was repeated well into the 1980s. It seems to have vanished off the radar now.
Unfortunately, the presence of those troublesome golliwogs is enough to ensure that neither this, nor the b/w ITV puppet series from the 50s, ever sees the light of day ever again! :roll:
Rob Houghton
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery, Famous Five and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Snubby, Uncle Robert, George, Fatty

Post by Rob Houghton »

Eljay wrote:
nlgbbbblth wrote:This particular adaptation of Noddy [with Richard Briers narration] was repeated well into the 1980s. It seems to have vanished off the radar now.
Unfortunately, the presence of those troublesome golliwogs is enough to ensure that neither this, nor the b/w ITV puppet series from the 50s, ever sees the light of day ever again! :roll:
Hmmm... :? Not sure which 1970's version you saw, but there were no golliwogs in the 1970's Richard Briars version, anyway!
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member
Eljay

Post by Eljay »

Robert Houghton wrote:
Eljay wrote:
Hmmm... :? Not sure which 1970's version you saw, but there were no golliwogs in the 1970's Richard Briars version, anyway!
I didn't see it, I wasn't even alive then! I just assumed it would have had the golliwogs - not an unreasonable assumption to make, seeing as they weren't removed from the books until the late 80s!