St. Clare series - The new and the old adaptations

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
Sara
Favourite book/series: Malory Towers/Adventure series/Famous Five

St. Clare series - The new and the old adaptations

Post by Sara »

I'm not sure if you all noticed this, and I'm sorry if this is old news, but if you search for Enid Blyton on imdb.com, you will notice that there is a new St. Clare adaptation coming out next year: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1233290/" target="_blank
I didn't find any pre-existent thread which means, I guess, that we can discuss this new series here...?

--------------------------------------

Also, I have got a little question about the anime adaptation from 1991, does anyone know where I can watch it??? I'd LOVE to find at least a few episodes. All that I can find are the opening/ending songs:

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=sFhnZOMNvFU" target="_blank

I LOVE old anime series, they are so sweet and innocent!

dsr

Re: St. Clare series - The new and the old adaptations

Post by dsr »

I've never heard of this anime series. Presumably it's Japanese, and from Youtube it seems it's been translated into French - has it ever been seen in England? (Or Portugal? :wink: )
DSR
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Sara wrote:I'm not sure if you all noticed this, and I'm sorry if this is old news, but if you search for Enid Blyton on imdb.com, you will notice that there is a new St. Clare adaptation coming out next year: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1233290/" target="_blank
That's interesting, Sara. I hadn't heard about that before.
Sara wrote:Also, I have got a little question about the anime adaptation from 1991, does anyone know where I can watch it???
I don't know where you can watch it, I'm afraid. Yes, it was Japanese and was dubbed into Arabic, French, German, Spanish and Tagalog (also Portuguese I presume unless you watched it in another language, Sara?) However, it was never made available in English for some reason.

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

That's quite amazing! I love the twins, they look really great! I'd love to see a complete episode in English. The classroom scenes looked so traditionally English, and I loved the ending scenes where the twins - however fast they went - didn't seem to move.
Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Thanks for that link Sara, it was nice to watch. It would be lovely if we could get it over here, I'd certainly watch it. :D

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

That was nice Sara thanks. maybe its time to re-read those books, it really has been years. Like others I dont know where you can watch full episodes but the new series sounds interesting.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Pippa-Stef
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: Julian/ Bill Robinson/ Sally Hope

Post by Pippa-Stef »

Looks really good!

And I wonder where the Anime came from! I've got some friends who love anime, I'm sure if they came across it they would have mentioned it!

Still! Brilliant work finding that Sara!

As Long as it doesn't turn up on the Disney channel, :lol: it would be great!
"You're so sharp you'll cut yourself one day!" Hunchy said going to the door
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

http://worldofblyton.wordpress.com/
Sara
Favourite book/series: Malory Towers/Adventure series/Famous Five

Post by Sara »

As far as I am concerned, it appears that this particular anime series are incredibly hard to find. They haven't aired in a lot of countries, to be honest, it seems that all we can hope for is someone to upload them on youtube or surfthechannel.com, at most, since a lot of old series are there. :wink: But that's still unlikely. No, as far as I am concerned it hasn't aired in Portugal at all, but there is a chance that I am wrong, considering that it seems there are three different spanish dubs (probably galician, castilian and catalan), and Portugal usually gets the same programs, but that's just a hunch. However I do know I never watched it or else I'd have it on tape. :lol: I just came across a website that mentioned the existence of such anime and my reaction was "omg I have to watch this!". :lol:
Pippa-Stef
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: Julian/ Bill Robinson/ Sally Hope

Post by Pippa-Stef »

Sounds Good Sara!

You're quite the researcher! :D Kudos to you!
"You're so sharp you'll cut yourself one day!" Hunchy said going to the door
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

http://worldofblyton.wordpress.com/
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Sara wrote:No, as far as I am concerned it hasn't aired in Portugal at all, but there is a chance that I am wrong, considering that it seems there are three different spanish dubs (probably galician, castilian and catalan), and Portugal usually gets the same programs, but that's just a hunch. However I do know I never watched it or else I'd have it on tape. :lol: I just came across a website that mentioned the existence of such anime and my reaction was "omg I have to watch this!". :lol:
Oh, sorry, I thought you'd watched it in the past and were trying to find it again!

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Wolfgang
Favourite book/series: The children at Green Meadows/Adventure-series
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Wolfgang »

Sara wrote:I'm not sure if you all noticed this, and I'm sorry if this is old news, but if you search for Enid Blyton on imdb.com, you will notice that there is a new St. Clare adaptation coming out next year: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1233290/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I didn't find any pre-existent thread which means, I guess, that we can discuss this new series here...?
Some days ago there's was a short notice in our newspaper about this film, the children playing the twins happen to come from Mannheim it seems. If I remember correctly the story also features a love story (very Blytonish I thought). They didn't give too much away though in this article... There was no mentioning of any follow-ups, maybe it'll depends how successful this film will be.
Success is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration.