St Kilda

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
Moonraker

Re: St Kilda

Post by Moonraker »

They only stay on the iPlayer for 7 days, so I imagine that it has gone. It should have been available from the day after transmission. It's probably best to keep an eye out for it on BBC3 or BBC4. I am sure it will be repeated quite soon.
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Yes, I've probably missed it somehow, though Episode 2 was still up five days ago. I'll try to look out for it being repeated on BBC3 or 4, though we get very poor reception through Freeview and often can't get a signal.

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
dsr

Post by dsr »

My mother's been to St. Kilda, just for a day trip on a round Britain cruise (small ship). There is a museum there, and various scientists, but no permanent residents.

She said that one of the things they used to eat was porridge (the oats were brought from the mainland), but they used to drop in a whole puffin to give it flavour.

They weren't self-sufficient, because most grain had to be brought in. And the reason they left was ultimately because the government decided in its paternalistic/nanny manner that living like that wasn't suitable, however much the people wanted to stop; on the other hand, there was no male under 30 left on the island, and the population was clearly going to have to leave in the relatively near future.
DSR