1970s FF Series Incidental Music.

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
George@Kirrin

Re: 1970s series incidental music.

Post by George@Kirrin »

will do Gary

Those who asked for it via pm should be getting one about now - meanwhile my brother has found ANOTHER ONE. I'll send that out after dinner.

Having trouble sending pm's so Christophe, if you read this, I'll need the email address to send it to.

Thanks
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

Thanks George, I have uploaded the "Getaway" mp3, here's the link;

1970s series Famous Five Incidental Music

Keep em coming, we will soon have a Famous Five soundtrack album!
Last edited by Petermax on 09 Aug 2007, 00:00, edited 2 times in total.
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

Here's another incidental music clip kindly supplied by George@kirrin. Can anyone identify in which episodes this was used? It sounds familiar but I am unable to place it.

Last edited by Petermax on 09 Aug 2007, 00:00, edited 2 times in total.
Almas
Favourite book/series: Six Bad Boys/Adventure/Famous Five/ Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty (I have a crush on him!!)

Post by Almas »

Hmmm....thanks for the link, Petermax. I've been thinking about it... :? :)
Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.

When once the itch of literature comes over a man, nothing can cure it but the scratching of a pen.
Yan

Post by Yan »

Petermax wrote:Here's another incidental music clip kindly supplied by George@kirrin. Can anyone identify in which episodes this was used? It sounds familiar but I am unable to place it.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/petermax1981/

Hi, petermax

This music was used (for example) in "Five on a secret trail" when the children are going through the secret tunnel which George has found.
Or in "Five go off in a caravan" when they are exploring the caves.

By the way - I always thought the music was exclusively composed and used for the Famous Five series. Now I´m enlightened. Thanks! :wink:
ingots

Post by ingots »

I also recall this 'unknown' piece featuring in Five Go Off To Camp... in the 'ghost train tunnels'

thanks... now if only we can locate the wha wha wha wha bass guitar action piece

hehe.. Marc
"Dick he said"
"He didn't mean YOU!"
--Five On A Hike Together--
Eljay

Post by Eljay »

Yan wrote:By the way - I always thought the music was exclusively composed and used for the Famous Five series. Now I´m enlightened. Thanks! :wink:
I wasn't too surprised to discover that it was library music, as it always sounded rather 'cheap' and generic to me. In fact, I think the incidental music is one of the things that most dates the 70s Famous Five series - it's very 70s and sounds a bit naff now! :lol:

I've found a clip from the first episode of Prisoner, and the very first scene (starting about a minute into the clip) has a piece of music that should be familiar to fans of the 70s FF series... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsIXruXWqYk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Eljay on 31 Dec 2011, 01:47, edited 2 times in total.
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

That Prisoner clip (Prisoner Cell Block H UK title) brought back a few memories, the whole series was re-run on Channel 5 back in 1997. I was absolutely hooked and even joined the fan club. :oops: The whole series is now out on DVD but I will not go back there!

There is now a new URL for the 1970s Famous Five incidental music clips.

Eljay

Post by Eljay »

Ah, I was an avid viewer of Prisoner: Cell Block H back in the day. It was highly addictive and a cult series! And yes, I joined the fan club too... used to get a magazine called 'Blockade' three or four times a year! :wink: I've heard that the whole lot is coming out on DVD, but with there being nearly seven hundred episodes I think I'll resist!!! Wouldn't mind seeing it again on TV, though - can't believe it's over six years since Channel 5's run ended.
Last edited by Eljay on 31 Dec 2011, 01:49, edited 1 time in total.
TB3

Post by TB3 »

Sorry to reopen this but I was able to obtain a mp3 encoding of an LP selection of Brian Bennett's library music which contains a lot of cues from our beloved show. Since this is no longer commerically availible I reckon its OK to post the link, but I'd like it if I could get an OK from someone before I do it :D
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

I cant see why not although I am not one of the admins. I'm sure we have had such links before. It would be interesting to hear it. :D
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Yes, it should be fine to post a link, TB3. Please go ahead!

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
TB3

Post by TB3 »

Cheers guys, hope this link works for you

So, here's Drama Montage Volume 1, a library of music composed by Brian Bennett for Bruton Music. Alongside the familiar tune Getaway (a classic that we've all heard before), I recognise a lot of F5 background music, however what stands out most for me are three short stings/fanfares that cropped up a lot in the show. I've given their names below and the best point-of-reference I can, based on how they were used in 'Five go off to camp'

The Plot 1 (Dick and Julian resolve to find the Spook Train after talking with Old Tucky)
Startle 2 (George discovering the vent has locked, Andrews ordering the men to search the tunnels again)
Foiled Again (arriving at Olly's Farm, Dick and Julian arriving at Old Tucky's station)

http://rapidshare.com/files/2862440/bru ... ontage.rar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What frustrates me is how there's this many familiar tunes in this file, but so many that aern't - Bennett did a Drama Montage Volume 2 for Bruton and a lot of other stuff, but finding them is proving to be difficult, as presumably we'd be able to dig a fair bit up. Ah well, a bit of determined hunting might show dividends! :)
ingots

Post by ingots »

Many thanks for sharing the song/music files... I only have one request.

Can you please share it on another server? I recommend http://www.yousendit.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's an error each time I try to download the .rar file. The Rapidshare won't allow me due to my ISP's proxy settings which I cannot change. :cry:

I'm in Singapore... not sure if others having this problem?

I'd love to hear this music. Please let me know asap

Cheers! :D
"Dick he said"
"He didn't mean YOU!"
--Five On A Hike Together--
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

ingots wrote:There's an error each time I try to download the .rar file. The Rapidshare won't allow me due to my ISP's proxy settings which I cannot change. :cry: I'm in Singapore... not sure if others having this problem?
I downloaded Drama Montage Volume 1 a couple of years ago and promptly forgot all about it! I will unearth it, upload to my Mediafire account and place the link on this thread. It may be useful for Ingots and others who are unable to access TB3's upload.