Question for Gary or someone else maybe in the know :)

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
ingots

Question for Gary or someone else maybe in the know :)

Post by ingots »

I have three original Famous Five audio tape dramatizations. I've had them since I was around 7 or 8.

On the cover is a publicity shot of 'our Five' but the kids
voices don't seem to match. There are no credits on the tape but I've always wanted to know who they were and how many were produced. They're quite engaging productions with sound effects and music etc

They were produced between 1979 and 1981, in London by Harbour Records W.W.A.P Ltd.

I have Five on a Treasure Island, On A Secret Trail and Have a Mystery to Solve.

I also have two of the Secret Seven produced by the same company.

Gary do you know about them, their origin etc.

I've since transferred them to mp3 and still to this day play them sometimes as I drift off to sleep :)

cheers, Marc xx

:P
"Dick he said"
"He didn't mean YOU!"
--Five On A Hike Together--
Gary Russell
Favourite book/series: FF
Favourite character: well duh...

Post by Gary Russell »

Nowt to dowith us at all. I remember my mother buying the Treasure Island one from Smiths - nice pic if I remember of us sat on a pile of logs. But like the theme, it's one of those things people often assume were our voices, but weren't.
Yan

Post by Yan »

Gary Russell wrote:Nowt to dowith us at all. I remember my mother buying the Treasure Island one from Smiths - nice pic if I remember of us sat on a pile of logs. But like the theme, it's one of those things people often assume were our voices, but weren't.
Hi, Gary

It´s a pity that neither you nor the others ever have been asked to do it.

Here in Germany, between 1978 and 1983 audiobooks of all 21 original Famous Five books were produced with the German dub voices of the TV-series.
By the way – the name of your German voice is Oliver Mink. And the voices of Marcus and Jenny are called Oliver and Ute Rohrbeck (they are real siblings).
Here is the cover of „Five on Finniston Farm“ (as you can see, the painter was much influenced by the TV-series):

These audiobooks are still very popular. In this month, a reading with the dub speakers will take place in Berlin. It´s organized by Oliver Rohrbeck.

Also, in 1979 three audiobooks were released which contained the original German sound of the TV-series. Here you can see one of it (nice cover, isn´t it?):