Famous Five '78 series Memorabilia - UPDATED 130507 Page 3

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Great shots, Zoe. Thanks for sharing them with us. :D
Society Member
Gary Russell
Favourite book/series: FF
Favourite character: well duh...

Post by Gary Russell »

Umm... no it's promoting the *first* series. It was our first TV Times article, coinciding with the transmission of the first ep in 1978. The photos were taken in the dining room at Gatewood (poor, poor Jenny - that leotard, not sure she ever forgave TV Times for that) a couple of weeks after we began shooting series two.
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Apologies Gary, I just read the title Together Again and took it to be the second series...

I'll now give myself 6 of the best for being mistaken and aim not to be wrong again!
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
Gary Russell
Favourite book/series: FF
Favourite character: well duh...

Post by Gary Russell »

George@Kirrin wrote: I'll now give myself 6 of the best for being mistaken and aim not to be wrong again!
So *many* possible responses to that, Zoe...
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Your mind is going along similar strands to mine, Gary! Especially after Zoe telling me about bonding people with Velcro!! :wink:
Society Member
Yan

Post by Yan »

Great again, George!

Fabulous that the German cassettes are in your collection. How do you like the German voices?

I didn´t know before that a German cardgame with stills of the series does exist !!! Could you post some examples of these stills here (please, please)? :wink:

I know the article´s publicity shots from the German site, but I never could read the text there. Is it possible for you to make the text legible (please, please)? :wink:
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Gary, Nige, what are you like, I was purely meaning I would chastise myself... :twisted: ;)

Yan, Yes, I'll take some more pictures of the german card game and will scan the TV times article fully.

I'm now going to be co authoring a section on the german fan site dedicated to my collection and so am scanning the postcards and a few other things to go on there probably next month.

As for the tapes, I haven't listened to them as I can't understand German.
Yan

Post by Yan »

Thank you!
As for the tapes, I haven't listened to them as I can't understand German.
Are you not curious just to know how the German voices are like? To me it was very interesting to compare the original and the dubbed voices. Except Michael Hinz and Friedrich von Thun as they dubbed themselves. :wink:
By the way - all episodes were dubbed during a couple of weeks. So the German voices of Julian and Dick in the second season sound like they did in the first season (whereas the voices of Marcus and Gary broke between the two seasons).
famousfiver
Favourite book/series: All Famous Five books & '78 tv series
Favourite character: Anne

Re: Famous Five '78 series Memorabilia

Post by famousfiver »

How lucky are you George@Kirrin to own photographs, autograph cards, postcards, the spanish game cube, viewmaster, stickers, crossword book, badges, colouring book, card game, etc. - I would be in heaven. Those scans were very enlightening. Unfortunately in Australia we only had the tv series books and 3 cassette stories, Treasure Island, Secret Trail, and Mystery to Solve. If only I had known what else was available overseas but I was very young at the time, although I did send away to get the Famous Five Fan Club badge and card advertised at the back of the books!
Kiki's new mam
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/Malory Towers

Re: Famous Five '78 series Memorabilia - UPDATED 130507 Page 3

Post by Kiki's new mam »

i know this is a rather old topic but george@kirrin . . .

you've got the famous five autographs! :shock: :shock: :shock:

have you still got them? :) their something to be proud of! :shock: :D

Leila.

still can't believe george@kirrin got autographs . . .
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

I have still got them yes, in fact, might have 2 sets, will have to have a look...

I'll have to update this as I've been buying since :)
Kiki's new mam

Post by Kiki's new mam »

George@Kirrin wrote:I have still got them yes, in fact, might have 2 sets, will have to have a look...

I'll have to update this as I've been buying since :)
Ooooooohhh do! when i first came on here i thought i was the NO.1 fan of the 70s famous five, seems as if i'm wrong . . .

never mind, i'm the NO.2 70's famous five fan :twisted:

Leila. :D
peppermint peppy

Post by peppermint peppy »

I have never seen this topic before. Thanks Leila for rummaging .
I like the newspaper thing in which Michelle is shown in old clothes and Jenny's mimed a ballerina.
Respect! Marcus is looking very funky in those body protectors.
In all a great collection Zoe! Enviable..really!
Dick Kirrin
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Barney Mysteries
Favourite character: Julian, Dick

Post by Dick Kirrin »

You are very lucky toown all these items, Zoe. I think you have plenty of fun with them. :D
I knew some of the pictures from the German fansite, but some were new to me, too. The TV Times photo made me smile or rather grin. :lol:
Marcus with body protectors, well, safety first they say. Beats me, however why he didn't wear a seat belt in "Five get into a fix".
Nowadays that would mean "Five get the (penalty) points" or even "Five get into Trouble" when Zoe or her colleagues spotted it. :P
I think Gary once said something about life jackets being a must when filming with children, but there was no such restiction about seat belts it seems. OK, I can remember discussions about the usefulness of seat belts and I was born in 1979.

Cheers

Dick Kirrin
"You just never knew what would happen. It made life exciting, of course - but it did spoil a cycling tour!"
Kiki's new mam

Post by Kiki's new mam »

i wondered what everyone mean't before about marcus (julian) wearing knee pads etc, then i realized it was the last pic george@kirrin had posted! :o
when i saw it the first time i thought that it was some people who had nothing to do with the famous five, then i looked it the second time, and realized that gary (dick) was reading some book, michele (george) in a dress, who would have thought of that? :lol:
Dick Kirrin wrote:You are very lucky to get all these items, Zoe. I think you have plenty of fun with them. :D
one has plenty of fun? :D wish that was me! :evil: :)

Leila.