Famous Five

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
Tamara Susewitz

Famous Five

Post by Tamara Susewitz »

Could someone please help me and tell me what Julian, Dick, and Annes father's profession is and where I could find it. I have looked everywhere and haven't been able to locate this information. I know that there is a bit of a discrepancy over their surname too as there mother is referred to to as Mrs Barnard in one Famous Five book.

Thank you
RagamuffinJo
Favourite book/series: Famous Five,Secret Seven,FFO,Mr Galliano,
Favourite character: George,Jo,Quentin,Big Ears,Pink Whistle...

Post by RagamuffinJo »

Its never mentioned to my knowledge :cry:
Katie

Post by Katie »

I have to agree, I don't think it was ever mentioned, Only discriptions of georges fathers work. I think it was left to our imagination !
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

He was a Tube train driver, on the Northern Line. They lived in Camden Town, which was quite handy for his work.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

(Only Joking!
Society Member
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

moonraker wrote:Only Joking!
I can read that! :wink:

Society Member
Katie

Post by Katie »

Or perhaps he worked in a bank, and traveled via car daily to his office. Hs work involved long hours and his wife often prepared business dinner parties on his behalf.

His work in the bank involved travel, explaining why so often they were not home during the holidays.............................
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

Katie wrote:Or perhaps he worked in a bank, and traveled via car daily to his office. Hs work involved long hours and his wife often prepared business dinner parties on his behalf.

His work in the bank involved travel, explaining why so often they were not home during the holidays.............................
No actually he could have worked in a bank but in "Five go to Demons rocks" Aunt Fanny says "But Quentin you know George's aunt and uncle are shutting up their house today and going on a cruise" now now no self respecting train driver could aford a cruise in those days , for they where very expensive.
Kitty
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers/Malory Towers
Favourite character: Alicia, Fatty, Gwendoline

Post by Kitty »

Maybe he was ship's pursar! Or entertainment officer! Or a cabin boy...
Nicky

Post by Nicky »

Or could they stow away. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: