The Little Toy Stove?

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
alreetpet

The Little Toy Stove?

Post by alreetpet »

I had a big blue hardback storytime book when i was a child (late 1980s/early 90s) - It had the following stories in it:

The little toy stove
Thirteen o clock
Dumpy Wizrds Party
The Goblin Who Stole Sweets
Poor Captain Puss

and lots more. They were my favourite ever stories and i read them every bedtime!

It was large/A4 sized and had coloured illustrations on each page.

I can only find these stories as pairs of stories sold in separate books now.
PLease help!

Emma
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Welcome to the Forum, Emma. I have a blue A4-size book (or perhaps slightly larger than A4) called Goodnight Stories which contains all those stories and more, with coloured illustrations by Suzy-Jane Tanner. The book I have is a 1991 edition published by Treasure Press, so it could be the one you remember (unfortunately, my copy isn't for sale but you could try eBay or used-book sites on the Internet.) My book has a picture on the front showing a girl lying on her bed reading, surrounded by toys and fairies. A note in the front says that the book was first published in 1982 by Hodder and Stoughton Ltd, under the title More Goodnight Stories.

Anita
alreetpet

Post by alreetpet »

you absolute star anita!!!! it was goodnight stories. i could kiss you!! how on earth do you have such an amazing fountain of enid blyton knowledge???
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :D :D :D :D
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Hi Emma,

I hope it is the right book, because so many annual-sized compilations of Enid Blyton stories have been produced over the years. If you're trying to locate the book over the Internet, you could ask sellers for scans before you buy to make sure that you are getting the book you remember. Good luck with your search!

Anita