Favourite Childhood book

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
Tracy Stent

Favourite Childhood book

Post by Tracy Stent »

I am after a book but I can't remember the name of it.I remember a bit about three of the stories in it.One was about a tea party and the two boys had to find umbrellas for the dolls as the where leaving because it started to rain, they used leaves off the plants.There was also a story about someone leaving muddy foot prints on someones floor.The other one was about a brother and sister who offered to do the shopping for their mother and they took so long that the ice cream melted.Any help with the title of this book would be great.My three year old daughter loves being read too and I am sure she would enjoy this book as much as I did when I was little.Thank you for your help.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Hi Tracy,

The stories you are looking for are "Umbrellas for the Dolls" (about Pip and Jinky who use primrose leaves as umbrellas for the dolls' house dolls), "The Tiresome Twins" (twins Dan and Daisy take so long shopping that the ice-cream has melted by the time they return) and "He Taught himself a Lesson" (Miggy the goblin never wipes his feet, and leaves muddy footprints everywhere.)

I have these stories in an Armada paperback called Enid Blyton's Twelfth Bedtime Book (1989), but it was first published as Enid Blyton's Eleventh Bedside Book (Arthur Barker, 1959) - not to be confused with the World Distributors Bedside Books which contain different stories. The same stories may have appeared in other compilations too.

Best wishes,
Anita
Tracy Stent

Thank you

Post by Tracy Stent »

Thank you so much Anita.
Tracy Stent

Post by Tracy Stent »

Thank you so much Anita.I have found a copy of the book on EBAY and it should arrive in the next few days.Thanks again.