need the name of a book in which a character appeared

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
schops

need the name of a book in which a character appeared

Post by schops »

Hi - I wondered if anyone can help here - my sister and I were discussing books etc and we got onto enid blyton - we were huge fans - but my recollection is mainly of books such as the ship of, island of adventure etc etc, fourth form at mallory towers st claires..famous five, secret seven etc etc etc but of the books we read as weans there is one character we both remember but can't remember the book.. have googled and so think it is the faraway tree series and my sister thinks it is dame slap - but it is a story where a hedgehog has been naughty and to avoid a spanking puts rubbers (erasers) on all his spines..
can anyone fill in the gaps so I could look for this book, many thanks
:)
Raci

Post by Raci »

:D Hi Schops!

The children in the faraway tree stories do visit Dame Slap's land on two seperate occasions but I don't remember anything about a hedgehog at all.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Hi Schops, and welcome,

The book you're looking for is called Dame Slap and her School. Dame Slap in that book is a rabbit with a bonnet and glasses and, despite her name, she's actually quite kind (unlike the Faraway Tree Dame Slap!) The hedgehog who puts rubbers on his spines is called Fuzzy.

Anita
schops

Post by schops »

thank you so much anita - this is very much appreciated - Dinah :o