need help finding a book--not sure if Enid wrote it or not

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
Ghostdancer

need help finding a book--not sure if Enid wrote it or not

Post by Ghostdancer »

Hi--when I was a kid back in the mid to late 60's I read a book about 2 boys--one British and the other French.

What I remember about the story is:

The story was set at least 10 years AFTER the end of WWII because the boys mothers had become friends as children when the French mother was evacced to England from France to escape the Nazis. The boys are now about 12 or so and the French boys parents have moved to the same town as the British boy lives in. The mothers think that they boys should be fast friends because THEY had been, so of course the boys are not sure that they want to be friends.

Then British boy's Uncle sends him a preserved tiger's head from India, where the Uncle is stationed. In the eyes that are mounted in the tiger's head the boys are able to see things happening at a distance. I remember something about a dam or dike breaking and the boys seeing it and warning people about it.

Other than that little bit, I don't remember a lot about the book, but I have always wanted to get another copy of the book, because either IN the story or because a teacher mentioned it, I became interested in Robert Blake's poetry.

Thanks for any help that you all can give to me.

Ghostdancer
Timmy fan from way back.
Raci

Post by Raci »

:D Hi!

I don't think this is an EB book, but there are some EB books I have yet to read.

I don't recognise the storyline at all, I'm sorry I can't be any help tracking it down.
Good luck with your hunt though :D
Ghostdancer

help with book

Post by Ghostdancer »

Thanks--I couldn't find anything in her list of books she'd written that even LOOKED like it. But I thought I'd post here and see if anyone knew anything about it. I live in the U.S. now, and when I've been in to the children's desk at local libraries, the librarians look at me as if I were insane when I tell them about the book and the plot line. So clearly it was NOT popular--or possible even released--here in this country. So I was hoping that someone on this list would have read it or have some idea on what it could be.

Ghostdancer
Timmy fan from way back.