please help me find this story??

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
genevieve

please help me find this story??

Post by genevieve »

:roll: I used to read this story to my daughter when she was around 4-6 years old she is now 33 and about to be married and I would love to give her this book as one of her presents. I cannot remember the title but think it may have been The book of Brownies and the story she loved was the one about the old Brownie who lived in the Sycamore tree and some naughty little elves or brownies found the sycamore key that opened his front door and made a lot of mess. This may have been a book with just the one story in or one of a number of short stories I cant remember! Please help if you can.
Raci

Post by Raci »

:D Hi Genevieve!

There is a book called The Enid Blyton Book of Brownies. I haven't read it for a while so I'm not sure if there is a story like this in it.
If it helps the 3 brownies in this book are called Hop, Skip and Jump, if that rings any bells.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.
enidblytoncollector

Post by enidblytoncollector »

Hi genevieve nice to see someone else from MK :-)
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Although The Enid Blyton Book of Brownies sounds like a collection of short stories, (certainly the Contents page suggests this), it is in fact a complete story in itself; concerning the rescue of Princess Peronel, who was spirited away in Hop, Skip and Jump's magic basket at a party given in front of the king.

I don't, however, remember the scene about the sycamore tree in this book.

Rimminy, romminy ray
Hear the spell and obey;
Rimminy, romminy ro,
Ever so far you will go
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I don't know whether Genevieve still frequents the Forums but I came across this story last night in The Big Enid Blyton Story Annual (Purnell, 1980, yellow cover.) It's called "The Eighteen Naughty Imps." The imps break into the brownie's house using sycamore keys and make a mess with pots of honey. A note at the front of the book says that some of the stories and artwork were used in earlier Purnell compilations dated 1970 and 1975. The story also appeared in The Fourth Holiday Book in 1949.

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member